If I rated this hotel on how i feel now I've got home; sad, depressed it would get 1 star but that would not be fair.
I feel like Ive been on a week long cocaine bender, great while it lasted but it had to end sometime, and now I'm back in London, in a suit and tie to mask my suicidle cravings; head in hands, pondering every decision I've ever made.
Ive you have been to this hotel before you will know what i mean. I thought it was hard leaving the first time; but as 'repeaters' its even worse the second tine let me assure you.
All the same constants apply; great room, great service, beautiful pool, great drivers that ferry you around, but you already know this: Its been no. 1 on trip advisor for years: its hardly gonna be bad is it?
What made it so hard this year is that i have come to call some members of staff friends and adjusting to normal life again seems an impossible task.
If you haven't been here before read my first review but i will say that Alan and his staff are still as amazing as ever, the drinks form Amerisa and the bar staff and the food from Stefanos have reached even greater heights (the restaurant Reeza also no. 1 on TA). The two drivers were so nice and the front of house staff lead my Margarita, Vicky and Konstantina made us feel so welcome as always.
Good pillows too.
The only saving grace is that there is enough of August left for me to try and earn enough to come back this year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your bohemian retreat, where slow living and happiness is homemade. A place where you can be your true self, authentic and simple. Rocabella was born to create a hip retreat haven, a home away from home, for real travellers seeking wanderlust and authentic experiences. Our hotel is located just 300 metres from the beautiful beach of Agios Stefanos, while it takes only a 5-minute drive to get to the fairytalish Chora. Our 21 rooms and suites respect and faithfully serve the simplicity of the Cycladic aesthetics. Simple lines, bright white, earth tones and natural materials, along with stunning views of the Aegean Sea and the picturesque Chora, compose everything that “awakens” the wanderer within you. Minimal chic design and bohemian atmosphere accord to your comfort and total relaxation. The room facilities & services cater to the needs of the modern traveller, who wants to be themselves, authentic and simple. Come on then and discover your own corner of handmade happiness ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rocabella Mykonos Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel And Spa
- Rocabella Art Agios Stefanos