“Great food !”

Roman Bistro and Catering
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The veal parmigiana was delicious specially with the spaghetti a la bolonhesa. Wife had the fettuccine pescatto and loved it. Some friends had the risoto and also praised it a lot. Service was impeccable and super friendly. Great night with great food.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Last evening friends, my husband and I went for dinner to Roman Bistro. We thought we would try it out as it had a better rating than our local Italian restaurant. What a mistake!
From appearances it is qutet pleasant, small and clean, a couple of roman statues, but that is basically the only nice thing I can say.
Our server came to the table and asked, "anyone drinking?" My husband ordered his drink and my friend ordered her wine. I asked if they did glasses of prosecco but was immediately told "No, I said you can only get this, this and this as a glass" I had not been listening to her conversation about wine with my friend so I didn't know that she had already explained that. My husband asked about the lasagna if it was made with bolognese. No it has bolognese in the middle and plain tomato sauce on top. Could it made with bolognese on top - no, they are pre-made. Three of us ordered lasagna,as nothing else truly appealed to us, and when it arrived at the table there was a quarter inch of water in the bowl - perhaps this is the diet version. Our other friend ordered the veal piccata which I think was okay. Grilled calamari, caesar salad and caprese salad were also ordered. The grilled calamari looked gross to me but was okay taste wise. The caesar salad was long romaine leaves with dressing blopped on top and added croutons. The caprese salad had a lump of arugala in the middle with 4 tomato slices, 4 bococcini slices and parmesan shaved cheese on top - somehow I did not taste any balsamic dressing that usually accompanies this salad. Not going to lie it was a lame attempt - having had this salad in Italy several times I know a good caprese salad and this one wasn't even close.
The staff started clearing the table before we were finished our meal. Not a good thing in my mind. My friend's wine glass was taken before she finished her wine so she asked for it back. I was taught that you never remove plates from the table until the last person is finished - maybe that rule has changed.
We ordered coffee and sat and chatted about the events of the day, asked for our bills and while we waited they were clearing off tables because they were getting ready to close up shop - 8:20ish in the evening. A sign that we should leave.
They may have been short staffed as a large party had been in when we arrived - that being said there is no need for the staff to be rude and give you the bum's rush when asking for your selections of drinks and food or when you are enjoying your coffee at the end of a meal.
I truly wanted to send my meal back but as the selection, for myself personally, didn't truly appeal to me I ate my dinner. Lasagna should never be pre-made, frozen and thawed out. Plain tomato sauce is watery so perhaps giving the option of bolongese would have been a good idea - but it was not bolognese in the middle of that lasagna.
Our local italian place is oodles better than Roman Bistro. I am afraid I will never go back. Expensive for 2 people and really unappealing!!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Went here with another couple as they had been here before and just love the place. If you like Italian food you would probably like it. I am not a big pasta person and can't eat something with tomato sauce as it upsets my stomach. I had the Salmon with spaghetti in oil. It was good and light but I also had indigestion all night with the salmon repeating and I don't usually get that when I have salmon. Maybe too much oil. Good prices - (except for the wine - too expensive) - and good service. I would recommend it to people that like Italian, but I would not go back.
Atmosphere is OK but more like a kitchen trying to dress it up and too close to the next tables. That may be how they keep the food prices down.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We ordered take out it was great food and was ready when promised. Will definitely go back again maybe next time will eat in:)