“Great food, ales and staff!”
Review of Harefield Hall

Harefield Hall
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Harefield Hall is an over 16's, family run venue, set in 24 acres of beautiful woodland overlooking Nidderdale. Our meals range from a-la-carte to bar meals, catering for all food allergies. Our produce is all sorced locally we we take pride in our meals. The atmoshpere is relaxed and peaceful woith a formal restaurant or seating in the cosy bar area with real log fire. Our friendly team is waiting to welcome you to this fabulous 16th Centuary Hall. Our enterance is on ripon road, on the hill as you leave pateley bridge heading for Ripon and Harrogate. Harefield Hall is not visible from the road so look out for our sign at the top of the drive. We have a beautiful lawned beer garden for you to sit in and soak up the beautiful view and tranquil surroundings.
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We came across this place by accident whilst strolling along the river. We had spent some time at Brimham rocks and was looking for a nice pint and something to eat. Pateley Bridge seemed to be closing for the day, and as we don't eat meat, and my husband is on a special diet were feeling a bit miffed, so decided to walk along the river. I made a joke about finding a pub as we were walking out into the countryside, when lo and behold we came across a sign welcoming us to Harefield, so we followed the path under the arch, to some steep steps overlooking what seemed to be an old tennis court, surrounded by Greek garden statues (which I love). At the top of the steps through a small gate was a very pleasant pub garden with lovely views. On entering the pub we noticed an extensive fish menu, and pondered wether to stay for a meal when greeted by a very hospitable lady who poured us an amazing local ale. The decor was very quirky and welcoming, so we decided to stay for a meal when the kitchen opened. My husband and son went for something plain, and as the fish and chips were cooked in rapeseed oil suitable for a low fat diet, and I had the salmon teriyaki (which my son regretted not having), and it was amazing, the salmon was cooked perfectly, just melted in your mouth. My son followed with a plum crumble which he said had warming spices with fresh custard, the poshest crumble he'd ever eaten, and very reasonably priced. If only we lived closer. Do go! You won't regret it.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Top marks to our "home away from home" this was our base as we explored the Dales. Minutes from Pateley Bridge by car or foot. Great people, great value, great everything else. We're back in beautiful Northern California and yearning for Harefield Hall.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Harefield Hall is just outside Pateley Bridge on the Glasshouses Road and is a 15 minute walk up the main road and down the slope or along the riverbank and up some steps to the hotel. It is easily reached by car.
Lovely house and grounds for morning coffee and we had a fabulous lunch here (Fri - Sun). Evening meals as well. Attentive staff.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Stayed the night here breaking a journey from Norfolk. Staff very helpful, dinner excellent and staff very helpful and knowledgeable with my coeliac diet. When my husband had his starters (which I wasn't having) they brought out a GF roll without me even asking for it. Very much appreciated. The Sea Bass was a very good portion which was very well cooked and presented. My husband's meal was also excellent.

I have seen very few proper continental breakfast in this country but I must say this breakfast had every thing which should be presented in a continental breakfast. (Ham, salami, fish (Salmon), variety of cheeses, rolls etc and fruit.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stayed here for one night and this was our first visit to Yorkshire. We were late arriving to the hotel as spent the day touring the North York Moors and got there for half 8 knowing that dinner was finishing. Very accommodating though as the guy got us a drink immediately on arrival and a young lady prepared a table. The food was fantastic, this could easily be Michelin star! The accommodation, food and wine was all very reasonably priced too. The young ladies serving dinner and clearing the tables at breakfast were very friendly and polite too. We hope to venture back to Yorkshire again in the not to distant future and would defiantly stay here again.

Date of visit: August 2018