“Brilliant little bakery, lovely staff, great baking”
Review of The Old Bakehouse

The Old Bakehouse
Description: A bakery that actually bakes . Home baked cakes and fresh bread daily, including fancy breads ,warm and friendly staff, just go you will love it.
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Called in for just a Yorkshire Curd Tart, left with said tart which was outstanding, parkin which is great, two types of treacle tart which were amazing, buttered white rolls, soft and about as perfectly baked as a white roll can be. The staff were lovely, helpful,cheerful and made the early morning shopping in Pateley a pleasure. If you don't enjoy this place and it's produce there is something wrong with you, not them. Thank you we will be back

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I have stayed in Pateley Bridge twice in the past 7 weeks, but couldn't walk past this bakery without paying it a visit no matter how hard I tried.
Delicious delicious cakes, tarts & pastry's that i couldn't resist.
Haven't done too much damage to my waistline but the nice lady jokingly suggested with so many visits, placing a chair in the shop for me

1  Thank sunseeker554
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I really don't like to leave negative reviews but this place really was bad, and it was as if they didn't seem to care that they were bad. Patley Bridge is a lovely place, but I image alot of the customers are walkers such as myself, passing through, buying a sandwich and eating it some way away from the shop.....too far away to go back and complain!

I went there last Saturday, walking through Patley Bridge. Our first selection was a panini, we couldn't have that because they hadn't turned the machine on, and it would take 20 minutes to heat up - it wasn't encouraged. We then asked for a number of different fillings, but they didn't have them - it's Saturday so that's ok! We eventually decided on a ham and beef sandwich with salad. As we weren't now having a Panini we decided to walk on a bit before having lunch. what a disappointment, the roles were tiny (we didn't have a choice of any other bread), one of them had a hole in the top that I guess was caused by a finger, the salad consisted of 2 quarters of tomato and some red onion, that was the salad.

It was a joke, and if w'd have still been in Patley Bridge we would have taken them back, but I guess that's what they rely on. I think they let Patley bridge down, I would avoid them at all costs.

3  Thank Lee C
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I've bought cakes and bread from here on several occasions. It's a nice old-fashioned bakery, which sells quality stuff, with good service, and fair prices.

1  Thank AliAl-Aswad
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Not a restaurant but fab food, we tried 4 different individual cakes each one was great, the individual crumbles are my recommendation. Also the fresh bread is so much nicer than getting Hovis!