“Very enjoyable snack”
Review of The Pancake House

The Pancake House
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Pateley Bridge
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Description: The Pancake House is positioned on the 2016 Award winning high street set in the picturesque village of Pateley Bridge in the heart of the Nidderdale valley. The Pancake House is a child friendly restaurant /café that serves freshly made sweet and savoury pancakes, waffles, ice creams and milkshakes. Our in house professional chef uses only the very best fresh, local produce - the majority of which is bought from our local butchers, grocers and bakers. The Pancake House succeeds in maintaining it's 5 star hygiene rating whilst also being dog friendly.
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We had driven through Pateley Bridge a few times recently and seen The Pancake House so on Bank Holiday Monday we decided to spend a few hours looking around then get some pancakes. When we arrived it was very busy but we were fortunate to get a table for 2 straight away. Service was a bit slow but we weren’t in a hurry. The pancakes were very nice but I would have preferred mine to have been a bit thicker and softer, it was very thin, more like a French crepe than a Little Chef type pancake which I prefer. However it was still very enjoyable and we will be back and maybe have a savoury pancake or a waffle next time!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I ate here with my daughter. Nice place, friendly welcome. I had the pulled pork bun and it was delicious. My daughter had the Nutella, strawberry and ice cream pancake and was dissapointed. There was very little Nutella on it and the strawberries were pale pink, mushy, and had very little flavour, certainly not fresh at all. So one good meal, one bad meal, which was a pity.

Date of visit: August 2018
BABOUKA, Owner at The Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Hi John,
Firstly, let me start by saying a genuine thank you for visiting The Pancake House. I am really upset that your daughter’s pancake was not as lovely as I would have expected it to be. I like to think that we are an approachable team and had we been made aware that she wasn’t enjoying it we would have remade it for her.
Our strawberries are delivered every morning, having said that there’s no excuse for stinginess with the Nutella - goodness , we own gallons of it - I can only apologise. I am away on holiday at the moment but please could you come back to The Pancake House and make yourself known to me, and, as the owner I would like to personally make her whichever pancake/ waffle she fancies - on me.
Just ask for Jane - I’m back on Monday 3rd of September.
Please apologise to your daughter for me.
Jane Eccles

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stopped in here for a light lunch. We were pleasantly surprised that we could take the dogs in as we had planned to eat outside.
All the pancakes were tasty and we felt good value for money.
Staff very friendly and even took time to recommend some nearby places to visit.
We'll be back again i'm sure!!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Had a good lunch of savoury pancakes. The were really tasty. Cannot fault the service. Would visit again.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

We weren't served for ages upon arriving and when we finally were the food took forever to come out. And we were in a hurry to get somewhere. However it was worth the wait! The tuna melt and chicken brie and chutney savoury pancakes were to die for and the cinnamon lemon and sugar was very nice too! They were very big too! Although we did ask for no lemon but after waiting for so long we decided it didn't really matter anyway. Would visit again!

Hi there,
It feels a bit rude to call you “ Loopy L”... As the owner of The Pancake House, please accept my apologies for the slow service that your family experienced on your recent visit. Unfortunately for us the holiday season is also the holiday season for a lot of our staff - the majority of which are young teenagers ( as I am sure you noticed). We would never refuse them the time and pleasure of sharing holiday time with their families and sadly for me and the business, I must suffer the consequences- speed and ability to cope being the main one. The only thing that I can say is, as hard as it gets with minimal staff- we never cut corners on quality or cleanliness. In all sincerity, thank you for visiting The Pancake House and I really hope that you will visit us again.
Jane Eccles