Kwantu Private Game Reserve
US$94
US$89
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Dolphin Dance Lodge(Port Elizabeth)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$43
Agoda.com
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/05
Halyards Hotel(Port Alfred)
US$66
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve(Kwandwe Private Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspollards inntouch farmrehabilitation centregame reserveno alcoholthe main hotellions viewfree environmenttennis courtsan awesome experiencebig catsprayer facilitiesjungle gymdelicious snacksentertainment roomwhite lionwhole family
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Kwantu private game reserve being my first ever safari trip, surpassed my expectations. Excellent customer service by the staff, mouth watering halaal cuisine, spectacular game drives, exciting predators camp and amazing touch farms for the kids.... Hotel and lodge rooms to perfection... A huge shout out to the friendly staff for the excellent service around the clock and the rangers that taught us new things each day , a job well done.... An experience never to be forgotten...

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Asmaa18
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to Kwantu this past October and we cannot stop raving about our experience. When we first arrived, we realized that we had gotten a flat tire. Within fifteen minutes there was already staff members changing it for us. After that was taken care of, we were greeted with warm towels to refresh, delishish snacks, and tasty juice. On the actual safari ride, rangers took us all over the park where we saw rhinos, lions, zebras, and a variety of other animals. After the drive, we were taken back to the resort for hot chocolate, cappuccinos, and small pastries. While we were relaxing, a staff member came up to us and asked us if we wanted to go back out to the reserve because they just spotted two male lions. Because we weren't able to see them during the regular drive, we jumped at the chance. As soon as we got back, we were told that since we were only day visitors, we can have dinner earlier so that way we don't have to drive back later than neccesary. The food was absolutley delicious and the staff was responsive, attentive, and truly cared about our experience there.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rsappir08
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Excellent service, friendly staff. The rooms are beautiful And nicely furnished and the complimentary snacks are a lovely touch! The food needs some improvement but other than that a beautiful experience! They even gave us some snacks for the road! It's wonderful to have a Halaal game reserve!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I have just finished volunteering at Kwantu game reserve for the past two weeks and in short would I recommend it - yes I definitely 100% would.

If you are into the tourist crap such as bottle feeding wild animals then don't come to Kwantu, this place is not for you. Kwantu doesn't engage in such tourist activities and the animals wellbeing and ability to cope in the wild natural setting is their top priority. Personally I wouldn't want to stay at a place where there are so many orphan animals something must be going wrong and it's purely for the money.

Now all about Kwantu, as a volunteer you stay in single sex dorms, these dorms are basically a large room with the very basics. They are always clean and I've never had an issue. Also plus point was no mosquitos! The food that you are served three times a day, I can safely say as a very fussy eater, is very good! The food can be repetitive but it always tastes fine and I never went hungry. Always felt full and ate more than I do at home! There is also a little shop on site where you can buy biscuits, crisps and fizzy drinks as well as a few other bits.

My only teeny tiny complaint is that the elephant sanctuary was closed and there is no reptile place so a little misleading. Other than that, no issues with Kwantu.

The staff, now the staff need a big mention, the Rangers especially Ali are amazing. They are so friendly and approachable and they answer any question no matter how stupid. They make all activities fun and it's a good laugh. They really do make you feel part the family. We also get assigned a volunteer co-ordinator, Tendai, who was nothing but lovely to me. Tendai helped us arrange excursions for the weekend such as going to Plettenberg Bay and made sure everything was sorted for us. If we had an issue, I would happily go to Tendai for help and assistance.

In terms of the activities they are sometimes hard work but so so fun! Make sure you bring gloves (literally from pound land gardening gloves are fine) and bring binoculars. It's amazing the animals you will come across whilst travelling across the bush.

To sum up, sorry for the length, Kwantu was an incredible experience and I feel very privileged to have been part of the Kwantu family. If you want to see animals in their natural wild state and in their natural habitat then Kwantu is the place to go. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine getting so close to wild lions, giraffes, elephants and so much more. The night drive in particular was spectacular!

Lots of love to the Kwantu family, you truly were a pleasure.

Stayed: September 2016
2  Thank L0V3T0TRAV3L97
Reviewed 3 October 2016

If you want the perfect African experience go straight to Kwantu. You will be treated like a King and/or Queen. All the staff are friendly, helpful ... fantastic!!! The facilities are 5 star plus!!! I would return in a heartbeat

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the hippo watering hole - it is the perfect spot
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo