“Lovely lunch in a not-crowded Saturday.”
Review of Da Zi' Checco

Da Zi' Checco
Ranked #18 of 411 Restaurants in Lido di Ostia
Price range: US$14 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I have been in Ostia back and forth, by the touristic docks, by the sea... around the walks... but this place...
Is indeed a hidden (and committed) gem. In case you are around... and you’re not just attracted by the shore ... give them a chance as... creativity, here, meets commitment and clarity. You may not be on the seaside, but trust me when i say: take the time to meet ‘em.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I've been back home to Rome after a while ( I'm living in London) and one of my dearest friend brought me here for dinner. The place is amazing, with a large aquarium in the middle of the hall, very suggestive! The waiter (Maurizio) that welcome us at the door and serve us during the evening was really professional and prepared, he immediately understood my tastes regarding beers showing me their beers list; about that, they promote and sell craft beers, made in Rome by emerging groups, a really good product in the face of multinational companies!

I ordered as starter a bruschetta with melted smoked buffalo cheese and 'nduja, a really spicy cured meat and after that a "Pinsa Romana" as well as my friend, mine was called "Inferno", translated as Hell, you can imagine why. Long story short, was the best Pinsa I've ever had, everything was perfect, really tasty and digestible, so much that I could have eaten another one. To finish in sweetness, we ordered a couple of dessert, mine was with pistachio, explosion of taste of my favorite food, my friend had a Delizia al limone, and like the name said, it was delightful!

We enjoyed so much our time that the closing time of the restaurant was already there, nevertheless, there was a bit of time to enjoy our spirits that Checco, the owner, kindly offered us.

As soon as I'll be back in Rome, I'll definitely come back here!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Been there with two family friends a couple of weeks ago..it's a must let the visitors know that Zi'Checco restaurant it's a place where you can eat for pleasure to taste the uniqe flavour of never ending italian kitchen.
Im absolutely honest,ill be able to turn back in that restaurante just to eat the best tiramisù i' ve ever taste.
What about the first plate with medaglioni con tonno and panciotti con crema di melanzane and calamari.
Somebody could say , how can you remember all those strange words ?
Im answering , but how can you forget all those generous plates?
Anyway i can suggest anyone to try it..it' s worth it all....only thinking at the quality and after all the prices...
It's a place where i'll always turn back with all' my heart...My best regards to the chef a person who ' s able to satisfy all the faces..enjoy It...

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Me and my friends we love fresh seafood, we were looking for a nice restaurant that could offer us a new range of recipes with the classics of our kitchen.
When we got there we couldn't decide what to eat!
that night there were three "special" so we ordered one of each to try all of them plus the seafood appetizer that was massive.
We ended with dessert even if we were too full already.
The service was super friendly, they didn't have any problem to answer to hundreds of question about food and wine, and all arround the atmosfear was sparkling.

looking forward to go back.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't have bet a dime considering the location however a friend of mine suggested the place Ashe knows the chef since he was in the navy... a few years ago.
Well we had some friends over for dinner and we wanted to make sure they were treated in a regal way. So it was and even if one of the guest is not so fan of fish she loved the fried mini octopus with a raspberry vinegar sauce and may other dishes. The Chef has a great fantasy and some antipasti were just amazing (like a Greek fish salad, unique taste). We had handmade tortelli stuffed with cod on a fresh tomato juice ... fabulous!
Service was great: Maurizio is a fast waiter, attentive to customer needs, knowledgeable and professional. He is a US culture lover so he will do all possible effort to make you feel at home.
So overall excellent dining experience. We will return.