“Nice pub”
Review of Black Horse

Black Horse
Price range: US$400 - US$1 500
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A local pub with great offers on food and drinks, family friendly, live entertainment and outside seating.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The pub is nicely decorated and modern with friendly staff and cheap beer prices. The food was OK we had a seafood platter to share for £9.99 will return again.

Steph W, Manager at Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Jo,

Thank you for leaving a review and such nice comments hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

All my family and we all had different meals. All hot all good quality with a good atmosphere and friendly staff.

Steph W, Manager at Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your review we are glad you enjoyed your visit see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Had a really nice bloomer with brie and cranberry and our favourite sweet potato chips and hot chocolate. Nice staff, Quick service and very good prices. Can recommend.

Steph W, Manager at Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi 813PatC,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review we hope to see you again soon.
Thanks

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I would really recommend the black horse pub. The staff are brilliant and friendly and the food is good. We have met some lovely friends there as there is always a great atmosphere. We enjoy the weekly Sunday quiz and the new Thursday night speed quiz is great fun. The Friday night live music is a highlight for us. Overall we really enjoy the black horse for a great night out, we rarely go anywhere else.

Steph W, General Manager at Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi Mark S,

We are so glad you enjoy visiting us and thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Booked a table for 12 adults for 3pm for Sunday lunch. Had already placed the food order 2 days before.... waited more than half hour for the starters, and the tomato soup was disgusting (sure they opened a tin of tomatoes and just blended it)... after 45mins still waiting for our dinner to be served... I asked the waiter how long it was going to be,to which he replied "we have run out of peas and someone has gone to Tesco to get some.... This was very unprofessional of them to say such a thing.... Asked the waiter if we could speak to the manager... NO manager on duty !!!!! .. When we finally got our dinner they served 6 of us first and the others waited at least 5 mins before they were served.. I was the last one to be served, and when I saw the yorkshire pudding on my plate thought it was a piece of fish as it was so flat. The roast potatoes were warm and had two different types of roasties, the carrots were so hard could not even cut them with a knife, and half of my beef was fat, and very little gravy (some had more gravy then others).. wasted most of my dinner as it was that BAD... Did not wait long for the dessert, and to my surprise turned out to be the nicest part of the meal... I felt sorry for the waiting staff who had to put up with our complaints....
I will definitely not be calling here again, the worse Sunday lunch I have ever eaten..
What a shambles , and waste of money.. would have had a better meal at McDonalds.

1  Thank isisWales
Steph W, General Manager at Black Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hi,
As said on your other review if you would like to call I am more than happy to speak to you regarding your concerns.