“Nice food, reasonably priced drinks”
Review of James's Place

James's Place
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in La Caleta
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed myself having a drink and watching the sport. I had a chilli con carne which was beautiful. The hosts were really nice as were the customers. The only problem I have is that it's a real Brits abroad bar where expats meet up. The question is would I go again? Yes if I wanted to watch a game and enjoy a lovely meal but not for a social drink as I like to be in the company of locals.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

If you are looking for somewhere to go in La Caleta to watcgh English Sport, this is probably your best choice!
Seems well liked by Local Brits, and Staff are friendly but seems to fall between being a Sports Bar and Restaurant

1  Thank AndyA104
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We watched England get thrashed by Scotland in the Six Nations on the TV in this bar, and husband tried one of their burgers. It was the highlight of the afternoon, together with the enjoyable drinks and efficient service. The place is clean, modern and comfortable and worth a visit.

1  Thank Gailew
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Best Sunday lunch we've had in a long time with proper home made Yorkshire puddings and lovely crispy parsnips. Tasty fish & chips too.

1  Thank george181
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Popped in again for their brilliant Carrot Cake & Coffee for the misses, Oh & beer for me. Sat on their very comfy sofa & ENJOYED. While relaxing, watched some very good looking meals passing & empty plates returning & all eaters looked to be enjoying their food. So decision made No CAKE next time, we are going to have a meal.(Probably followed by cake)

1  Thank Graeme B