See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I love this B and B. I stayed for 10 nights as I had work at Essex Uni.
I had a great stay - Linda is an amazing host, she insisted to make me dinner as I arrived Sunday night with no cost. The breakfast is delicious with heavenly home-made bread! I will definitely come back. Thank you Linda :)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I've been here for more than 10 days while working at the nearby university. The house is the most British you can think. A bit of Harry potter during the sunny days and a bit Agatha Christie in the cloudy ones. I got the top floor double room that has its own terrace with great views over the river and valley. Linda, the host, is the most welcoming person you can imagine. She really enjoys having people around and cooks great breakfast with homemade bread. I will really miss her and her place

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The house is 'pinterest perfect' and Linda is a wonderful host. The bed was very comfy and we had a good nights sleep. The breakfast was yummy. Wivenhoe is a lovely place, and there are pubs just around the corner! Parking was not an issue.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
ging102, Owner at Live & Let Live, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

How lovely to be so appreciated. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

If you are looking for a unique place to stay then this is it. It is oldy worldy victorianesque! We stayed here for 2 nights we had both rooms on the first floor which has it's own sitting room. There is only one shared bathroom but as we were a family this wasn't an issue. Linda is a warm and welcoming host and the breakfast is delicious, fresh fruit salad and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on homemade bread a real treat. The bed was one of the comfiest I have slept in and beats a lot of the 'chain' places I have stayed. You have a truly one of a kind stay here and it is different but I think in a good way. I would definitely stay here again when I visit Wivenhoe and would recommend it in a heartbeat. Thank you Linda for you great hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Warm, friendly and very comfortable. Quite a gem. I had the top floor with fabulous views over the river when I stayed.The house felt like a home and a retreat. Great base if attending something at the University. I would definitely recommend this charming B&B!

Room Tip: Just very lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo