“Cut above your average curryhouse”

The Mango and Lime Curryhouse
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Wivenhoe
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We love a curry, but are generally quite picky - we still haven’t found a curryhouse we really like since moving house a year ago. We ate at the Mango & Lime during a weekend away in Wivenhoe and we’re so glad we did. The sizzling chicken tikka was a cut above; the dahl perfectly spiced; the sag delicious but not too oily. And the lamb biryani - my go to dish - was exceptional, making good use of the sweeter spices, such as rose petals, that are often left out despite being traditional (I guess because most restaurants judge them too expensive). All this for no more money than your average curry. The service was great too.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My partner surprised me after a long day of work by taking me to the mango and lime for the first time.
We often get a take away from another Indian restaurant so was a lovely treat to get out.
We visited on a Tuesday night so was very quiet. We were the only 2 people in the restaurant. The staff were very attentive and very pleasant. We had a wonderful evening out and shared some amazing food. It was absolutely delicious and I could not recommend this place enough. We will most definitely be returning.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We went for a family birthday celebration and had an amazing time. Great food, even better service. Must go if you are in the colchester area!!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

This curry house used to be Bombay Spice, which was perfectly OK but nothing special. Under new management and renamed Mango & Lime, this was EXCELLENT. The curries, breads and popadoms were fresh and tasty, and there’s a good many of traditional favourites and exciting chef specials. Friendly service, too. Genuinely best curry I’ve had in wider Colchester area.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

came to visit my mate at the university, thought id go for curry, googled it found this place, saw some bad reviews, my mate told me its not like that as he orders delivery all the time. thought had to check it out and add my bit, but to my delight the reviews where over exaggerated on the negative ones. guess on one of the reviews she must have had a bad day lol...
i recommend this place to curry lovers. great staff, food smelled and tasted great, cant fault anything to be honest, heard they going to introduce a student night