“Quick drink after a days walking”
Review of The Berkeley Arms

The Berkeley Arms
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Bosham
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Berkeley Arms is a great pub in the heart of Bosham. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, and the local people of Bosham are always happy to include visitors into their cheerful circle. In summer, the beautiful garden in front of the pub provides sun almost until sunset. Wooden benches and fireworks of flowers overflowing the hanging baskets create a wonderful homely setting. In winter, guests of the Berkeley Arms are warmed by a roaring log fire in the bar and resturant. The interior is light and tastefully simple. Good pub food is served here, with light bite portions for the small appetite. But what makes the Berkeley Arms special is the team who genuinely cares for their guests and makes sure that everybody is happy and enjoying themselves. I can recommend the Berkeley Arms for its warm atmosphere, great food and drink and pleasant company.We are open for food and drinks 7 days a week.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our two dogs were made to feel really welcome here . Other dogs and their servants were already there including a beautiful rescued male lurcher . You are just asked to keep your dogs on their leads which seems fair enough . Place was nicely decorated and very clean . A nice place to spend a couple of hours .

Linda c, Owner at The Berkeley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely comments. I am pleased that you (and your master!) enjoyed your visit here. We are all rather keen on dogs here and they are most welcome in the bar area If, as you mentioned they are on a lead. We do hope to welcome you all back here again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Firstly let me freely admin that this is my local pub and I have a beer here most weeks. However we had never had a meal in the Berkeley before last week. As the weather was really miserable we decided just to pop down the road for dinner rather than travel further afield and we were really glad we did. The restaurant was quite busy being a Friday night which made for a good atmosphere. The service was prompt and the food was tasty and well presented. Overall a good pub meal and one we will certainly go back to again.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely comments. I am pleased you regularly enjoy the beer here and on this occasion, your meals. I am sure we will see you for a pint soon, and hopefully again for some food!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took some friends to the Berkeley Arms after a walk around Bosham. We booked a table a couple of days earlier. Good hazelnut roast, pork and chicken. Excellent vegetables and very good service. Fullers beers.

Linda c, Owner at The Berkeley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, it is much appreciated. I am pleased you all enjoyed your Sunday Lunch here enough to leave such a lovely review. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back here in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a Sunday lunch. We hadn't booked but they found us a table (I would recommend booking though as we were lucky). The Berkeley Arms very much has the feel of the traditional village pub that it is complete with open fire burning in the dining area.

The service was friendly and the food quality was excellent. My Partner weakened to the Chocolate Brownie desert which was simply melt in the mouth chocolate heaven, highly recommended. Looking forward to a return visit next time we are in the area.

Linda c, Owner at The Berkeley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review, it is very much appreciated. I am pleased we managed to find you a table, and you enjoyed your Sunday lunch here with us, especially the chocolate brownie by the sound of it! We look forward to welcoming you back here again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Found this gem en route home. Lovely lady behind the bar - great welcome. Nice menu very varied lots of options and very resonantly priced too.
Chose haddock mornay and my husband had the whitebait - both very nicely cooked and presented. Yummy Bakewell tart for pudding too. Very clean pub, would visit again if in that area.

Linda c, Owner at The Berkeley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review, it is very much appreciated. I am pleased you enjoyed your lunches here, the Bakewell tart is one of my favourites! I will pass on your lovely comments to Zoe who was your lovely welcoming server, we look forward to welcoming you back here again in the future.