“Elegant and stately!”
Review of NGK Church

NGK Church
Reviewed 19 March 2016

This building has graceful lines and has been well maintained and the gardens are a feast for the eye. I had read about the organ which was manufactured in Scotland and I wanted to see the interior of the church as well. The secretary was most obliging and not only let me in and answered my questions, but also gave me a publication - produced by Ds Chris Goosen, on its history, covering the period 1839 to 1989. It is proving to be a fascinating read!
The church interior is so interesting, with the most unusual vaulted roof that I have ever seen in a church. The gracefully curved wooden pews, so meticulously crafted, are a joy to behold and the lecturn is a work of art.
This is a place worth visiting if you ever come past Riversdale!

1  Thank Jilldutoit