“Amazing restaurant-stunning location and great grilled fish”

Restaurante A Choupana
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2018

I read about this restaurant and it seemed a perfect stop for us on our way from Lisbon to Sagres. It was at the very end of the road and down several stairs to the beach. The views were wonderful, the atmosphere splendid and the food delicious, with friendly and helpful service. We shared the grilled sardines and mackerel, with potatoes and salad. A perfect Portuguese experience.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Came across this delightfully located restaurant purely by chance. My travel companions dropped me off here before heading back to Lisbon and I spent most of the day on the beach here, watching the fish being caught, cleaned and the barbeque being lit. How could I not eat there? It turned ut to one of the best fish dishes I have ever eaten in one of the best locations I can remember. It also turned out to be one of the most expensive meals I have eaten this year - the bass was enough for two people - and I was charged accordingly. I nearly finished it though. Thumbs up for the staff who were friendly and helpful, let me store my bags there while I spent the morning on the beach, charge my mobile and called me a taxi when I had finished.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Wow! We shared the sea bass - what can I say, it was the best fish I’ve ever eaten and our favourite meal of our 10 day holiday! The fish menu is small (shows how fresh it is) they bring out the fresh fish to show you the size and then grill it on the terrace. I cannot explain the taste, it really was delicious!
The view is also great, we enjoyed a walk on the beach and adding to the stone towers after the meal.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Here you can eat fresh fish right next to the ocean. The food is very simple but our fish was very tasty. We also enjoyed dessert. Very friendly and good service.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The most amazing meal with a view in town. It’s impossible to have fresher fish grilled by the owner. The fish is served in the most simple and best way, just boiled potatoes and salad - Superb.
Just point for dinner and be there before sunset - unforgettable.
A bonus: a unique rock formation in the world to see on low tide