All reviews suspension bridge canyon swing white water rafting bungee jump an adventure awesome experience awesome place free fall safety briefing bungy experience bhote koshi adrenaline junkies bus service video tents gorge border
Reviewed 16 December 2017

‘THE LAST RESORT’ this was the name I was searching daily for last four months before I finally went there. Such was the excitement and it didn’t disappoint. This place is 3–4 hours drive from Kathmandu near to Tibet border. Entrance to the resort is a suspension bridge with depth of 160 meters gorge on Bhote Koshi River. We reported at 5.45 AM in Thamel Sales Office for the bus ride which was included in our day trip. Mr. Prakash from The Last Resort was there to assist us. We have booked for tandem swing (couple swinging together) well in advance three months to be more specific. We paid $175 for Tandem Swing day trip which includes transportation, swing and lunch.

We reached at around 10 AM after driving in hilly terrain. We were given instruction about the jump and all other details required during jump. We had to pay around 3500 NPR extra for videos and T Shirts. We were the first person for tandem swing. The wind was at peak on the bridge. It started giving us goosebumps also the view of the deep gorge add more goosebumps. The scary view from launchpad puts your heartbeat soaring and your feet started to shiver. Me along with my wife had to jump at the countdown. We jumped and it felt like it is the end of our life. Free fall for around 5 seconds gave us feeling of infinity and your brains stopped working. You feels like Tarzan and shouts like Tarzan. After couple of seconds you swing like pendulum. They don’t lift you up for tandem swing and you have to land near to river. From there it is around half hour trek uphill. The view of Koshi river on the left side and waterfalls on the right gives you a immense pleasure walking. We took small breaks and reached the last resort by 12 PM.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bitan D, Marketing Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Hi Lakshman,

We are so pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience. This encourages us to do more better. Thank you so much and we can't wait to have you again at The Last Resort.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Very irresponsive incase of checking mail...they just mailed me the video which was shot by the wrist camera after mailing them a couple of times...still didnt get the main video shot by the cameraman from above

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Poor hospitality. Everyone working in this place does not know how to deal with customer. They are full of attitude. Too poor. Although the food was good, but i hate the hospitality over there and the room was so dirty as well.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Bikash B
Bitan D, Marketing Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Hi Bikash,

Your experience at our resort was an unthoughtful one and we are really sorry about it. We would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of The Last Resort and we will definitely work on it to make sure that it does not happen again. We hope to welcome you back with better experience and serve you at our best.
Thank you so much for giving us opportunities to improve.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Amazing tranquil place
Staff are so friendly at the Last Resort. I went for Canyoning and it was great. The food is also good. An amazing place to stay for a few days and relax and do different activities. I will be back for sure.

Date of stay: November 2017

Hi,

We are really glad to read this awesome review of yours and happy to know that you had an amazing experience. Thank you so much and we can't wait to have you at The Last Resort again.

Have a great time ahead.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I stayed at this resort late October for two nights, as well as doing canyoning, canyon swing and white water rafting.
The booking process was really easy, I emailed the company and got a swift response each time.
The bus trip up was fine, the roads aren't fantastic but it was a non issue. The tents are simple but very comfortable and clean, as well as the toilets.
Canyoning was great fun, they gave you a good induction and were very encouraging.
White water rafting was great fun, again the staff are really good.
The food provided is average.
The Canyon swing was really scary, but the staff were so great and professional.
I opted for the video, in which I paid Rs 2,300, which included a T-shirt, with the option of picking up a DVD in 3 days, or else they email it to you. I have had trouble getting on to the video crew to send me my video as of yet, so hence the lower rating. It has been 6 days and I still haven't got my video in which I have paid for.
Not overly impressed with this aspect, but overall I would recommend The last resort.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Bitan D, Marketing Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Racheal,
We are so sorry that you did not receive the videos on time. We use wetransfer.com to send videos to our clients and they have 7 days time limit for people to download their videos using their links. After 7 days the link expires. We resend the link again. I am sure it has already been sorted out. If you had not received any links within the first seven days, we would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of The Last Resort and we will do our utmost to make sure that it does not happen again. Thank you so much for giving us opportunities to improve.
Also, thank you so much for recommending us.