“Beautiful rorbuer!”
Review of Nusfjord Rorbuer

Nusfjord Rorbuer
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Was pleasantly surprised when we entered our cabin. Beautifully modern, kitchen with all the facilities and a small (cosy) lounge room area. The restaurant onsite is really amazing. It's expensive, but that's Norway! Grab a seat by the window and enjoy the view. I tried Stockfish here and we also had breakfast the next day - gorgeous spread.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Wifi was great.

My only complaint would be that the bathroom in the cabin opened up to and was very, very close to the double-bunk beds.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I've been three night in last April. I arrived around 6PM, and there were nobody except three fishermen cleaning cods. Nobody at reception and in all premises. As I had been informed, my keys an information were left inside the postbox out of the reception, and there they were, everything perfectly described. The Rorbuer had one bedroom, with a double bed and a single. It was fully equipped, and very well maintained. Has also a big bathroom, and a sitting area by the kitchen, everything cosy, homy and warm. The view was to the small port, absolutely gorgeous. Eventhough I almost have seen nobody, I felt in paradise. When I left, again I left the keys at the same place i;ve got them in my arrival, since no one was there for handed in. I recommend this place very much. Nusfjord is a lovely fjord away from the E10, the main route of Lofoten, but not far away from it. The weather I had helped me to enjoy this paradise, that is Lofoten archipelago

Room Tip: All rorbuers are perfectly located
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Nusfjord Rørbuer, a fantastic setting in a fairly deep bay. The area had maintained the original concept with a number of cottages along the shore. We had house nr 9, very nicely decprated with kitchen/living room and separate bedroom. Everything was super until we went to bed, awful beds. In a hotel at this price level you wouldn't expect a bed like as in a cheap hostel, hard bottom with a thin foam matress, i.e. not many hours sleep.
Restaurant was fine and food ok. We didn't take breakfast in the restaurant - pricy!

Room Tip: Buy food for breakfast at a supermarket before you go to Nusfjord. Easy to make breakfast yourself a...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Do read Amy K's review, I won't repeat what she says, but it is full of helpful advice. Our cabin was lovely. Very pleasant and stylish, though, as others have said, the bedrooms are generally tiny. The setting is as wonderful as any rorbuer we stayed in. The food in the restaurant in the village (there is only one) was excellent, but only eat the stock fish once for the experience, it's not bad, but it's not great. The village is a living museum serving only tourists and a few connected to the fishing. Car free (at the end of a dead-end road) and beautiful, it was a treat to stay there when the tourists had gone home. There is a beautiful coastal walk round the headland. You can get a passenger ferry to Nusfjord. We were on a cycling holiday, moving on each day and it made a perfect stopover.

Room Tip: Cabins vary enormously, make an informed choice
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We didn't know what to expect, and were very pleased to find out what a nice place it actually is. Each room has a different character to it. Of course, it is " classy" but we'll worth the experience. It is out in the countryside,. We were there in the Summer, and I'm sure that there is a different experience in the winter....well worth the experience..
But, be aware, the sun doesn't set in the summer!!
The food was excellent. Never experienced eating whale, . Need to be open minded to new experiences.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nussfjord
38,1 km away
23,6 km away
Lofoten Panorama
Lofoten Panorama
#2 of 2 in Stamsund

Been to Nusfjord Rorbuer? Share your experiences!