“Absolutely dreadful takeaway”
Review of Chen Xin's

Chen Xin's
Ranked #63 of 89 Restaurants in Malton
Price range: US$3 - US$62
Description: Chen Xin's is a friendly, small family business Chinese takeaway based in Norton. We make sure that we use the best fresh meat and vegetables sourced from the UK. We currently only accept cash and we do not deliver..
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Absolutely dreadful takeaway and we won’t be returning. One dish tasted incredibly burnt and wasn’t in any way edible. The prawn dish had a very small number of tiny shrimps in it. Everything brown and tasteless. Really horrible; the whole lot ended up in the bin.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 23 September 2020

Went here to by dinner to celebrate me and my wife's anniversary having a dinner party, and I must say, the food is fab! The curry has so much in-depth flavour and taste, it's a very good curry. The black bean and spring onion & ginger dishes are very flavorful - the best I have had in a while. The salt & pepper chips and beef was BANGING :). The owner and her two daughter's are really friendly and guided me to which dishes to recommend and try. They gave us free spring rolls, cans of pop and prawn crackers - what more can you ask...?! The food didn't take long to cook and the food when I took home was still hot. I'll be back for more Chinese food from this friendly takeaway.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank K2541FRal
Reviewed 20 August 2020

This is a fantastic little Chinese. They give you a lovely warm welcome, before the father of the family shuffles off into the kitchen to weave his magic. Everything is fresh and they are happy to amend any order. I cannot recommend this place enough. It is takeaway only and you must pay in cash.

Date of visit: August 2020
3  Thank 203NickW
Reviewed 3 January 2020

Loved the food! Great gem place even though they don't deliver but I do not mind picking up my order. One of the best Chinese takeaway's around the area. :)

Date of visit: January 2020
4  Thank Rickrick135
Reviewed 11 December 2019

Went here for a big takeaway and it’s vey tasty! Staff are very friendly. Would be visiting again !!!

Date of visit: December 2019