Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa
US$114
Priceline
Miramar Hotel(Llanelli)
US$73
Travelodge Llanelli Central(Llanelli)(Great Value!)
US$56
Travelodge
    US$111
    PremierInn.com
    US$83
    PremierInn.com
    Travelodge Llanelli Cross Hands(Llanelli)(Great Value!)
    US$52
    Travelodge
    US$80
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsgroupon dealsteam roomafternoon tealarge bathroomcourse mealsaturday nightthe hotel is cleanbar menuboth nightschristmas partycooked breakfastwedding venuecouldn't do enoughcar parkstayed for one nightplenty of parkingsteak
    Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We opted to stay here as they allow dogs and we wanted to avoid overuse of the kennel. I’d not been here for years and had not seen the major addition to what was a fairly dated but well run hotel. The receptionist was polite and checked us in with ease. We went to our rooms felt a real mixed bag of emotion. The first room in the coach house was 61. Let’s focus on that one for now. I was completely astounded that rooms like this still exist. In fairness, they’d put some modern furniture in which helped but........
    ......everywhere would have benefited from a good dusting and a good lick of paint. The tiles in the bathroom along with fittings etc were out of the ark and were very poorly fitted. Cracks it tiles, missing grouting and scummy silicone. Towels that were left on first day were full of holes and they did not replace toiletries on second day.
    Room 63 that we had also booked couldn’t be any more different. It was a beautiful and spacious room with quality fittings and decor throughout. A really impressive room that I’d happily stay in any day of the week! I noticed that we’d booked three people in to this room but there was only one double bed. I went to reception to ask for a z bed. I was initially told that I’d have to pay an extra thirty pound but this was rescinded when I pointed out our booked configuration.
    We opted not to pay for breakfast as it was being priced at over one hundred pound for my family for two days. I’m far from shrewd but couldn’t justify this.
    We went to use the pool on the last morning and were very disappointed with what we found. Holes in the walls of the changing rooms, no soap in dispensers and shower gel holders. The pool area was full of visible damp and mould. The grout area of tiles was green around the pool, the jacuzzi was full of sand??? The windows were filthy.
    Kids and dog loved the outside area with football goal and trampoline.
    If I could guarantee a decent room in the future and convince the kids we didn’t need to use the pool, then I’d possibly return. Huge potential with some significant work needed in certain areas.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
    Reviewed 19 February 2018

Can't fault this place. Friendly welcome from staff, spacious comfortable room, great food in the restaurant - Isabella the waitress was really good. Breakfast very good, everything we needed and all well cooked and hot. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night and only real grumbles where it's a bit tired and a tad expensive (given it is only a three star). Spoke with others who had paid less but usually by booking in advance.

Rooms spacious, comfy and clean (with a few signs of ageing). Small issues with leaky shower, cups that didn't fit saucers (which was actually a little dangerous), kettles you can't easily fill due to tap design and noisey doors.

Plenty of parking, friendly staff & a reasonable breakfast. Atrium area adds a touch of class although noisy when it rained (and it does that a lot in Wales!).

Would I go back. Yes but not at what I assume was full price.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 5 February 2018

I found this Hotel quiet and pleasant. I stayed here for three nights and It was not too far away from the M4 Motorway or Llanelli Itself. All the Staff were helpful. I did have an Issue on two occasions regarding the Breakfast but It came out alright after some waiting time. Apparently a lack of communication not knowing who was attending Breakfast was the downfall. The Reception area was lovely. The Rooms were really nice but the Hot Water In my Room just did not seem Hot from the Shower. Not sure If the Hot Water was running low as If It was being used, but I did not complain. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Is served In the Hotel which was good. I did not use the Spa so I cannot make a comment on that. They do have a lift to take you to the floors which Is always good If you are not able to climb the Stairs or you have a lot of baggage. I liked this Hotel and would stay here again. Lots of Car Park space too.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
    Reviewed 29 January 2018

We have used the Diplomat on a number of occasions, from weddings, tribute acts, and other dinner evenings. And I must say that the service help and family atmosphere which we have received has been second to none. All members of Management and staff make your stay so relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: We have used quite a few rooms in the main Hotel, we have used the cottage rooms when we have taken our dog, yes the hotel is dog friendly.
    • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple