“New Year Hot Tub Lodge”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
madame_fr...
Sibu, malaysia
“Beautiful lodge but got evicted with no warning! ”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

On the 15th July 2016 a group of close friends arrived at our lodge earlier then myself as we were all travelling from different parts of the country, When I contacted reception to inform them (Helen) was very sharp with her tone and unhelpful as she said she had helped others in the past and regretted it. She would not allow my guest to enter until I had arrived some 2 hours later. As she needed me to sign a form. I called back later to ask if it was possible as I was arriving later than 6pm if I could give my details over the phone so my guest could enter as I would be able to give them a code to get the key without my presence after 6pm anyway. This was agreed and I gave my credit card details over the phone feeling very uneasy about this but felt I had no choice as my guest was left sitting on the grass outside.

On the 16th July we was rudely woken around 8am to banging on the front door and asked to move our cars ( even though new guest cant check in till 3/4pm) in a rough manner by Helen and told I would be charged for the extra cars even though I had spoken with Head office the previous week to explain that we are all young professionals travelling from different parts of the country at different times due to work etc and will need around 8-9 spaces. Helen then went to reception and returned to apologise but then informed me that she would still need to charge my card for 2 cars. After I had gone round each sleeping guest to check who's car belonged to each registration. which was very upsetting especially to my friend who hadn't had a lay in since her six year old was born.

Later that morning we went to reception Helen's husband was very helpful and allowed us to use the phone as we had no signal to check on our shooting experience Helen also changed her tone in an almost bipolar manner and printed off directions for us, this lead to a pleasant conversation where we enquired about the noise level the previous night as to gauge what was acceptable, WE WAS INFORMED THERE WAS NO COMPLAINTS NOT ONE !

On the 17th July around 9am I was woken to loud banging on the front door to Helen and her husband I was told I was being evicted and needed to move out by 2pm when I questioned why, I was told I had been disrespectful and had received 3 noise complaints direct to head office. When I tried to ask questions or ask for an extension of time as people would need to arrange travel or sleeping arrangements I was told that Helen did not want to hear it and to just get out that she knew for a fact that this place would be disgusting and that they would need that time to clean. when I suggested that I would never leave a place in that condition and would like more time to make sure of this I was ignored by Helen and told to leave I then suggested that they had double booked the room and was told I could sit outside and wait till 4pm if I wanted I was also informed that I had

1. been given a nights grace by ALL of the other guest ( when asked the previous day there was no complaints )

2. Intentionally left the hose running in the hot tub and it had overflowed and I would be charged for this. (We saw no evidence of this on our return no letter under our door or damp deck etc. and we had paid extra for the hot tub surely this should be maintained by the staff and not the guest who have never owned a hot tub. Also it was very judgemental that we or anyone would do something like that on purpose)

3. When one of my guest came to my defence he was threatened to be quite or I would be charged for extra guests that came locally but did not stay the night. Also when I had originally booked for 12 but was given a 5 and a 6 sleeper I did not complain I informed Helen but she said the other 6 sleeper was far away from the other cabin no extra bedding or beds where provided.

4. We was accused of being too noisy and that even the night watchman who lived at the bottom of the park could hear us if this was the case why did he not come and tell us or someone slip a note under our door we are not aggressive unapproachable people but if anyone felt threatened they had my number they could have called me or left a note.

5. When I spoke to the more reasonable husband he said that the eviction had come direct from head office speaking with Katie the other day on the phone at dream lodge she informed me that this was not the case and that they had not even been informed of my eviction and thought I had enjoyed a lovely stay.

The rude and judgemental service received from Helen, no formal or verbal notice and eviction and lack of attention was unacceptable customer service and ruined my 30th birthday weekend that I had spent months organising. It was very stressful and not relaxing at all as I was dealing with Helen's demands first thing in the morning every morning of our short stay I was miss sold the space and charged for extra parking even though I was informed over the phone that this would not happen for the amount of £20 I contacted dream lodge they agreed with how it was dealt with and would issue no refund or apology.

Laura J
“New Year Hot Tub Lodge”
Reviewed 28 May 2016 for a stay in December 2015

We stayed for a week over new year with our dog.
The lodge was beautiful, plenty of space and very clean and well looked after. Plenty of privacy, none of the lodges looked over each other. Booked through the dream lodge group. They guys looking after the park were very friendly and helpful. Free Wi-Fi in the lodge. Good location to get to Bude and surrounding areas, it is on a typical tiny Cornwall road but doesn't take too long to get to the main road.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hot tub
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing