“Lunchtime sunbathing”

Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Agreed the day was not the best weather wise but we visited on the basis that this could be a potential wedding venue for us. We were disappointed as lots of mosquito about ( not restaurant fault of course!!) food was lovely they were busy so service wasn’t amazing but good in circumstances. Lush place to go for beach day and drinks though and would recommend on that basis

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We walked to Ben’s today from Lakka with the help of a local resident who guided us towards the end! Thank goodness. Within minutes of our arrival the heavens opened and it was torrential!! As a result, Ben and his team had to cope with EVERYONE making a dash for lunch at exactly the same time and I have to say they handled the situation brilliantly! Really calm, really friendly and really efficient. The food was delicious, the whole place had a wonderful chilled vibe and I hope, fingers crossed, we will get to revisit it in the sun SOON!

1  Thank UKAnnaP
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Ben's bar is a gem. Restaurant upstairs has authentic Greec food, the bar downstairs is on the beach and has everything, paddle boards and masks can be used for free. Ben is always around checking if everything is ok. Very friendly.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Pretentious and clique sum's this place up, we were made to feel uncomfortable virtually the whole time. We knew before arriving that sunbeds were free if you used the restaurant, we had read reviews indicating this beforehand , I said hello to the greeter, however the first words out of the his mouth was "we charge for sunbeds and umbrellas here" not welcome, or hi, or kalispera. My wife questioned him regarding restaurant patrons using the beds without charge when he said yes, have we booked a table? We hadn't, but wanted to dine there anyway! Never in my life have I booked a table at a seaside bar before, I really don't know why I would need to here?

So we booked a table at 2pm, and selected very nice cushioned beds on a decking area. We ordered a bottle of large water and when the greeter brought us this, he wanted paying immediately, I asked about opening a tab for the day seeing as we would be there for the duration, he declined my request as "they don't open tabs" - I paid my €2. Next to us an Italian lad, early 20s, asked for a large water, he was offered the choice of putting it on a tab? The English family adjacent to us on the opposite side ordered drinks, again on a tab? I thought they didn't do tabs? Or is this only to Northerners? At 10am water is all I want, what does it matter what I order? i think it was my accent rather than order what prompted his selective attitude.

When I ordered more water, I had to pay in advance, again while our neighbours were offered the privilege of an account.

Lunch time came and our "booked" table had been given to one of the more honoured guests, we had to wait while they cleared a table for us. The food was very nice, as was the lady in charge of the restaurant (I believe that this is Ben's mum) and not extortionate either. However I couldn't wait to leave at this point, I didn't want to be victim any longer to their double standards!

Next visit to this beach and we went to manadendri beach bar, one along from Ben's. World's apart, 25m along a beach it was like a different world. Ben's would have received 3 circles before I went to manadendri, it was more than twice as welcoming, enjoyable and soul satisfying than Ben's, and was scored accordingly.

I would rather sit on a towel on a pebble beach all day than allowed to be made to feel inferior to people who's money is no less valuable than mine. Thankfully manadendri beach bar more than made up for it.

3  Thank ashdec
Reviewed 13 June 2018

How unlucky can those who previously not experienced a good time at. bens Bar must be!
Returned here after a few years of not visiting Paxos and I can confirm that Bens Bar is still wonderful and all the staff in particular Ben himself cannot do enough for you!
An absolute high point if our holiday - tomorrow's our last day, and guess where we will spend it? Bens Bar of course!
Would recommend to all.