other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Kitchen
Bathroom 2
Sal river - View from the apartment complex
Sal river - Exctly behind the apartment complex. Great early morning views
Contemporary Design
Warm and comfortable living room
Modern Dining Table
Modern Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jac0b63
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Nice not Nice”
Reviewed 19 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

Booked apartment for 7wks( 19th Dec 15 to 6thFeb16). The apartment is advertised as a two bed two bathroom accommodation. What it fails to point out is that only one of the bath rooms has hot water. That is there is only one shower with hot water (There is no hot water out of any, tap kitchen or bath room).
This becomes more of a problem as the shower with the hot water can only be got to by entering the main bedroom.
This whole shower thing became a big problem for us as the hot shower had a faulty ( on/off ) valve. You had to have several attempts to get the shower to stay on.
Several phone calls to the owner over the first week failed to get the valve fixed it was not resolved till the second week of our stay.
The other main problem with the apartment was the blinds (Vertical Blinds) in the main bed room and the lounge. They were broken and could not be drawn with out much flapping around. This became really frustrating. Finally sorted( In lounge only) , in the last week of our stay.

In all, I must say my contacts with the owner, (over the phone ,he lives in Mumbai), he was polite and upset to hear about the problems we where having and tried his hardest to resolve them as quickly as he could. The trouble was that he had to rely on his cleaner of the apartment to organise all the repairs. This was not good and even more frustrating.

All this is a shame as the apartment it's self is nice and has lots of room. The beds are large and it was mainly clean when we got there ( No where is as clean as you like when you get there).
The other thing that was not made clear in the adverts, is that the apartment is on the ground floor, the balcony wall can easily be scaled.

If the owner could make sure that all these silly little points are prevented from happening. If he made sure he had a trusted handy man to do his repairs, I would well recommend this apartment to any one.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Only one hot shower not good when 4 people sharing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
6 Mar 2016
Mr Jacobs,
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I truly appreciate you comments and truly apologize for a few inconveniences you had to face due to small maintenance issues.

As you have indicated I had been in constant touch with you even before your arrival to make sure I can make your stay as pleasant as possible. At your request even ordered Extra bed since you had additional guests for a few days. Also at your request ordered and shipped Ironing board which was not in the home and no previous guest had requested earlier. The only reason I have Geyser for Hot water only in 1 bathroom is because it does not get that cold in Goa but will definitely take your feedback to highlight this in the apartment description.

The vertical blinds probably broke due to wear and tear and as soon as you made me aware of it I got them replaced with curtains now so that no one should face this issue in the future. I always ensure everything is in proper order, starter supplies, refreshments are provided as well as esthetically pleasing before our guests arrival. Something like the vertical blinds breaking are out of our control but try and fix these issues asap.

Appreciate your feedback as feedback like these help us improve and make our guests stay pleasant and memorable ones. I am glad you really liked the apartment, found it clean and would even recommend to anyone which is a really wonderful. I hope you entire stay was a pleasant one and I hope you will give me the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Thanks
Sulabh
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing