We are very happy with the stay at Villa Alexandra. Excellent value for money. We've travelled as a family with 3 adults and 2 small kids (0,5 and 2,5 years old), and everything was optimal for us - the village, villa location, villa size and comfort, the plot, amenities, nice owners etc.
The good things:
- Comfortable beach and swimming. Almyrida is a nice holiday village, particularly suitable for small children, as it has a well-protected bay with very long sandy beach and very gradual deepening of the sea. Dozens of babies, toddlers and kids play by the water. Unlike many other places on Crete, waves are not a problem.
- Villa location. Villa is very close to the sea, 5-10 mins, "round the corner", and unlike most nice villas in Almyrida-Plaka, of completely flat walk, we had no problems with 2small kids of walking to the beach twice a day. Villa is set next to the olive grove in the middle of 6-8 villas development (the nicest in "flat" Almyrida part), set back from the road (although not busy at all), and has a lot of flowers, greens. Nice view from both downstairs and upstairs - to the couple of neighbouring villas, mountains, surrounding hills. Quiet. Gives a sense of privacy.
- Villa has lots of shade, which was great for us, including barbecue area. The trees are two times higher than on the photo and surround all the plot, the balcony is covered (unlike the photo and most other villas), gallery around the ground floor is well covered and has 2 spacios places to eat with tables, in the one with barbecue/oven can comfortably dine 6-8 people (all in solid shade!). Even in midday kids had enough shady place to play.
- Villa is cozy and pleasant inside, with style (but not luxury). Real paintings on the walls, nice bedrooms and kitchen furniture, nice bedcovers and window drapes, fireplace etc.
- Villa has all necessary amenities. Full-size kitchen with oven and microwave, all kitchen utencils, large bathroom-toilet upstairs and shower-toilet downstairs, good pool, shower at the pool, washing mashine, ironing, 3 air-conditioning units, tv, audio.
- The size of the villa is just good for us. House is not very big - good for family, but maybe not for a company. Bedrooms are not very small, both have 2 windows, airy and light (but shady), have common balcony and doors right next to each other (which is good for looking after children, but might be not very convenient for 2 couples of friends). Slightly smallish sitting area downstairs (better do not plan to sleep anybody there), but spacios gallery outside compensate for it.
- Serviced house, Nice owners, who care themselves for the house and come twice a week to clean inside and outside, change bedlinen etc. They are friendly and responsive to guest needs.
- Villa rental company is well established in the area, with knowlegeable and helpful representatives. All the process of renting from booking to departure is pleasant and smooth.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||People with pets|