Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21/07/01
Reviews (3 120)
3 120 results
1 951
1 951
All reviews kole kole infinity pool jambo team maridadi restaurant tapa tapa bar beach boys evening shows animation team jt safaris day safari deluxe room all inclusive resort water polo our honeymoon see separate review all inclusive drinks indian ocean
Selected filters
458 - 463 of 3 120 reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2019

Here are my thoughts on Baobab beach resort
Once we arrived we were greeted with a friendly smile ( after being stuck in Nairobi for 9 hours due to staff strike)

We were taken to our room in the main block ( rooms are a little dated ) could do with a lick of paint and a bigger t.v) but hey who spends loads of time in the room?

We arrived late so we went straight to dinner and wow ..... dinner hall looked beautiful all done in African style.
Food: well put it this way I put on a few pounds , food was fantastic , I like that each chef has their own station so can concentrate on food quality.
Currys : lamb curry was the best please make more ( we only had it once we were there
All the fresh Nan bread, all different Dal's , fresh wspit goat, great chicken

But the best station by far was the desert .... hats off to Maxwell he makes the best hot pudding that I have ever tasted in any AI hotel.
Mango hot sponge , banana crumble yum, need that recipe. but all the food here was fantastic , one of the best we have had on an all inclusive holiday. well done

Beach : bloody amazing , white sands as the eye can see and if like us you love walking then this is for you .
The boys on the beach will drive you mad but we need to remember that this is a poor place and people are only trying to make a living .if you do not want anything just say NO, once they see you a few time they leave you alone.

Pools : we stayed at the main pool , cleaned everyday so no problem there.
Rooms : clean need an update and bigger t.v but did not take away from the hotel .
Jumbo team: amazing they work so hard doing activities day and night , maybe you can cut the evening shows down to every other day instead of every day.

Hotel grounds : Flipping amazing , love the monkeys and baboons and all the other beautiful wildlife here , this was why we came .
Cheeky monkeys robbed me a few times but hey lol.

Toilets : Never been to a resort that take care of the cleaness of the toilets Lillian the cleaner does an amazing job ( thank you Lillian ) please tip these guys . favourite toilet was next to the main pool ( when too hot just jump in there for a cool down ) great air con lol.
Air con in the room is not too cold could do with updating , but again did not affect our sleep .

This hotel is a friendly , rustic well kept , I am sure if you are miserable then you could find fault. but for us, we were surprised how much we enjoyed our stay in this little bit of Kenya paradise.

Special mention : safe , Lillian , winnie , George, Titus, Maxwell, Elizabeth , Solomon, Victoria, baby mommy , just to name a few
All the staff are amazing.

Thank you for making our holiday special

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kenkauduny, Public Relations Manager at Baobab Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2019

Dear donnaLondon_UK,

Jambo from the Baobab Beach Resort and Spa.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a glowing and heartfelt review of our resort and for choosing to share your stay with us. I am so glad that we were able to make your holiday experience with us special.

Diani is usually considered a romantic destination, perfect for couples and honeymooners. While this certainly holds very true, Diani Beach remains an excellent destination for action-packed family getaways.Year-round warm weather and spectacular outdoor adventures means that there are entertaining activities for travelers of every age.

Thank you for sharing such incredibly kind comments about the friendly and personable service you received at our resort. At the Baobab we believe that hospitality is about people and their talent for creating warm and memorable encounters.We have taken note of your kind comments about the friendly and personable service you received at the Baobab. It is wonderful to hear that you felt so well taken care of by our team members –in particular,Lillian,Winnie , George, Titus, Maxwell, Elizabeth ,Solomon, Victoria and Baby mommy. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with the team, they will be thrilled to know that their effort has been noticed and appreciated.

We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our desert options whilst staying with us. We endeavor to make sure that there is a wide variety of cuisines available to all our guests, and we encourage guests to share their feedback or special requests with our chefs, as sometimes we can create something unique to accommodate their preferences or special dietary requirements. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to do so during your stay.

Thank you, also, for your kind comments about the lively entertainment Jambo team and your suggestion to cut the daily evening shows to certain days only during the week. It is only through such feedback that we are able to understand our guest preference and adjust.

We do hope that one day we can welcome you both back to the Diani and back to our resort for more memorable moments. Happy travels through all of your future adventures.

Kind Regards,
Kennedy Uduny
Public Relations Executive
marketing@baobab-beach-resort.com
Tel: +254 725 777 025

Reviewed 24 March 2019

Spent one week with my wife and three kids during their school Spring Break. I was hesitant to try an "all-inclusive" resort that was so inexpensive, but I must say I was quite impressed with Baobab. It is a well managed resort. First, the location and beach front property are fantastic, including the gardens and landscaping. Monkeys and baboons are a nuisance if you keep your windows open or walk around with food, but we enjoyed their antics. Rooms are a bit old but well maintained and spacious. Managers and staff are all very friendly and helpful. Yes, buffets were repetitive at times but there were always good choices for food, including good vegetarian choices. We particularly enjoyed the African, Indian and Swahili dishes. Breakfast was basic but yummy with a good egg station chef, waffles, pancakes, sausages, etc. Lots of fresh fruit and good choices - mango, pineapple, watermelon, passion fruit, papaya, bananas, etc. When serving hundreds of people at a time, one must recycle food at times. So today's eggplant salad is tomorrow's eggplant curry, but that's how a good business should be run. During high season, this place probably has more than 1000 guests including kids. It's a big place. Aside from three meals per day, there was an all day pizzeria that also served fries and cakes as part of the package. Then there was 4pm afternoon tea which included various bitings. In sum, you can stuff your face all day long at no added cost. While we don't drink much alcohol, I wonder how this place makes money with everyone quaffing down beer, wine and liquor all day long. (By the way, Kenya produces good local beer.) For ourselves, we enjoyed the coffee, tea and fresh orange juice. My only complaint would be lack of decaf coffee, but I could have bought a can of instant decaf outside the resort if I wasn't so lazy. Otherwise, entertainment was fun especially for my kids who really enjoyed the 8.30pm kids dancing and then 9.30pm acrobatic shows. While WiFi was absolutely fine for emails and general Internet surfing, I don't know if it is strong enough for things like video streaming. We stayed at the Kole Kole side which seems to cater to kids with a Kids Club and a shallow end swimming pool. In the cooler evenings, we would often go down to the beach and let the kids frolic in the warm surf. Beaches are big, beautiful and sandy with the coral reef protecting the beach from heavy waves. Perfect for small kids. My wife already decided that we are coming back again for the next Spring Break. My kids spent most all of their time in the swimming pool making friends and playing games. My wife was particularly impressed with the spa facilities and massage services which she used twice, and the gym was also quite good with a beautiful ocean view. As a businessman myself, I was impressed with how well the place was managed, being able to provide so much for such a reasonable price. If you want sushi and prawns, then you will have to go somewhere else and pay at least twice the price of Baobab, and without drinks included. So Baobab is great value for money. While it may be a 3 or 4 star establishment, I give it a 5 star rating because Baobab delivered well beyond our expectations.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Travellingwithmywife
Reviewed 23 March 2019 via mobile

We came to stay at the baobab on the 15th march 2019 after our hectic 3 day safari, fabulous friendly welcome,very helpful staff,we took rooms 224 and 204 I came with my boyfriend and good friend,the hotel was recommended by my good friend kadra alina and we were not disappointed, rooms were lovely and clean and very spacious,lovely balcony's with sea views and cheeky monkeys all over them,extra water was provided for my boyfriend being diabetic at no extra cost, no request ever too much trouble, definitely an improvement from my last holiday in Mauritius,down by the pool we used as there were 3 to choose from,there were plenty of sun loungers for everybody fresh beach towels provided on request,bar staff lovely and helpful, too many drinks not a problem they'd bring them to you,animation/ entertainments team worked very hard to keep everybody happy,water polo,step aerobics,aqua aerobics, breakfast lunch snacks and dinner were something else,never seen as much choice and food,never knew what to try first,everything was presented beautifully and tasted amazing,attentive staff to all your needs,greeted for every meal with a smile and a hand shake,everything quickly cleared away,themed nights restraint decorated beautifully, then on a night every night at 9.30pm you have a short walk within the complex to the polini amitheatre beautifully done out with ample seating for all, the team would then perform many different routines to wow everybody,once the show was over lights went down it was then a disco with a bar to the side, beautifully cared for grounds,cheeky monkeys everywhere waiting for the opportunity to steal your snacks and goods so beware never take food from the resteraunt, funny little guys though, can honestly say I will be returning here didn't want to leave such a relaxing beautiful place,right on the beach,just a short walk down the stairs,often pestered by beach sellers but say no often they soon leave you alone,beach beautiful sea lovely and warm can't rate the place highly enough,anybody who dislikes this place is crazy expect us back,keep up the good work guys it's amazing

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank yorkshiresunloverxx
Kenkauduny, Public Relations Manager at Baobab Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2019

Dear Yorkshiresunloverxx,

Warm greetings from the Baobab Beach Resort & Spa.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a glowing and heartfelt review of our resort and for choosing to share your stay with us. We are so glad that we were able to make your stay with us every bit as special as the two of you deserved.

Due to the nature of the destination, we often get to share remarkable moments with our guests (be it a birthday, wedding, proposal, anniversary or honeymoon) and we always feel very honored to be a part of these special moments in our guests' lives.

We certainly do share your opinion that our beach is one of the nicest if not beautiful on this other side of the world and value your saying so even more after we learned that you will be returning here back soon! This truly is a wonderful to hear.

Thank you for sharing such incredibly kind comments about the fabulous and friendly staff and personable service you received at our resort. At the Baobab we believe that hospitality is about people and their talent for creating warm and memorable encounters. Please be assured that I will share your positive comments with the team members – I have no doubt that they will be delighted to hear from you.

Thank you, also, for your kind comments about our culinary prowess you were subjected to in our all inclusive restaurants you visited. We have taken note of your satisfaction with our breakfast,lunch and dinner served during each and every day of the week. Thank you for complimenting our themed nights decoration and the ever fresh,vibrant and full of energy animation team.

It is wonderful that you had the opportunity to visit the Porini Amphitheater which is home to the night life.Indeed our themed shows starts each day at 9.30 Pm with our bar serving signature cocktails till the wee hour of the night.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to Diani and back to our resort for more memorable moments. Happy travels through all of your future adventures together.

Kind Regards,
Kennedy Uduny
Public Relations Executive
marketing@baobab-beach-resort.com
Tel: +254 725 777 025

Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

The resort is stunning, huge and lovely facilities. Rooms are small but serve the needs. The AC worked fantastic. I was however disappointed by the food and drink options. Being a vegetarian, it is usually difficult to get good options for lunch and dinner. Most of the food was tasteless and cold. All love stations were for non veg options except pasta. I spent 4 nights eating pasta and fries as the other veg options were very cold and tasteless. The drinks options are also limited in the all inclusive package. Snacks were also limited and again cold served.
I did appreciate the staff and the special treatment I got once I mentioned it was my honeymoon.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Philip M, Deputy General Manager at Baobab Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2019

Dear Guest
Warm greetings from Baobab Beach Resort and Spa

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Baobab Beach Resort and Spa. We are more than delighted to read that you found the Resort stunning, huge and lovely. Thank you for appreciating the special treatment accorded to you on your honeymoon.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations in food and drinks. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favorable impression. We fell short in making that happen for you, and we are truly sorry. Although your experience is not typical of our service delivery, we obviously have room to improve, and we assure you we will.

We hope you will consider giving us another chance to make it up to you on a future visit.

Sincerely

Email;dgm@baobab-beach-resort.com
Tel.+254(0)709 154 000

Reviewed 19 March 2019

Just an average hotel with a good view of the sea, nothing much to see or do there. A better alternative would be its sister hotel called Kilifi Bay which is only about 1.5 km away. Amenities include a pool and a bar