Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
PricelineUS$110
TravelocityUS$100
Reviews (1 189)
1 189 results
All reviews fins restaurant the general manager guest relations our honeymoon animation team kids club palm trees head chef standard room relaxing holiday indian ocean out of this world water polo seafood south coast main restaurant zuri
Selected filters
92 - 97 of 1 189 reviews
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

Super friendly & obliging staff, delicious food, a very nice & clean room, direct at the very beautiful beach...

The wellness program is extensive and the tours offered are unique experiences!!!

Hope to come back soon!

Trip type: Travelled solo
fom_DianiReef, Manager at Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Dear Ueli75,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay with us.

We are glad to hear you like the food prepared by our culinary team and the services provided by our staff. We try our very best to make sure that even when you are away that you feel that you are indeed home.

We appreciate for your recommendation on this esteemed forum.

It was a pleasure serving you and we wish to serve you again in future soon.

Best Regards
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

My stay at Diani reef beach resort and spa was amazing.
My cohort and I received a warm welcome and were attended to hastily.
The interior set up and our rooms' set up- just as the website showed were luxurious and comfortable.
Room service was consistent and diligently done.
The meals were in variety, in plenty and delicious.
The activities in and around the resort were many and I particularly enjoyed the swimming pool and camel riding by the beach.
The music entertainment was soothing and throughout my mini vacation I was well rested. Not to mention the therapeutic scenery!

Loved the place! Definitely worth it's name.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank conniemumomutheu
fom_DianiReef, Manager at Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Dear Conniemumomutheu

Karibu for reviewing us and sharing your experience in such wonderful words with the TripAdvisor community.

At Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa we believe that the little things mean everything. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant experience and are grateful for your acknowledgment of the hospitality of our Team Members. It gives me immense pleasure to read that my team was able to exceed your expectations and were able to create memories for a lifetime for you. I will be pleased to share the same with the entire team, for whom it will be a great source of motivation. Your affirmative feedback only inspires us to perform better and deliver enriching experiences to our guests, making their trip memorable.

We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our beautiful resort.

Asante Sana,
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

This place has the most stupid “policies” I’ve ever heard of. Me and my friends went here for lunch, but couldn’t go if we didn’t have passports or 2000 Ksh to pay. They don’t care about customer service and I was not allowed to speak to the manager. The funny thing is that I was there the day before, but that time, I walked straight into the restaurant by the beach, and there were no issues.

Apparently this hotel doesn’t want to earn money or get a good review.

Date of stay: March 2020
fom_DianiReef, Manager at Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Dear I8668RPemilys

Warm greetings from Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa.

It is sad to hear your visit to our resort was an unpleasant one. Our goal is to give the best service that lasts a lifetime.

We have a day-use package, between 6 Am to 6 PM, which we charge Ksh2000. This day-use package acts as a pass to our resort. It is a standard procedure for our resort, and walk-in guests, use this package to access our amenities such as the swimming pool, beach, a meal of their choice from our fins restaurant or a massage at our Maya spa. Also, a guest must produce a valid identity card or passport to be allowed in, failure to which you will not access our facilities.

We hope you will accord us another opportunity to host you again, and we promise to make your stay memorable.

Reviewed 6 March 2020

Location is shockingly far from the airport- definitely not the false advertising they indicate when you book this resort. They say 45mins- it takes over 2 hours in horrific traffic jam!!!
Management staff: Jitendra [--] is a horrible zero customer service individual I have ever encountered in my life. Mind you- after a 2H10mins drive in 90+degree to reach the resort, this Rooms Division manager tells me we have not paid in full even when I furnished a receipt that indicated full non-refundable payment for the duration of our stay. He basically said pay more or leave!!
Certainly not a 5 star resort- place is screaming for renovation help. The in-room towels have seen better days (they are all nasty yellow) and the overall maintenance of the room is shabby- old toilets, old/ broken door knobes replace with cheap slide lock, and running water feels like it is being pumped straight from the ocean to the rooms (no fresh water for showering!)
The only exception to this place is the staff (they are simply amazing bunch) and what nature has provided- the beach front. The hotel and management will ruin your holiday. Old old hotel; not worth your good money= DO NOT GO.

1  Thank zewditub

Dear Zewditub

Warm greetings from Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa.

We are sad to hear your vacation was not pleasant. The distance from Mombasa to our resort is usually 45 kilometre. However, due to the Likoni crossing channel, delays are bound to happen at the ferry, which is beyond our control. The government is coming up with an alternative route which will reduce the traffic snarl-up witnessed from Mombasa. In regards to the extra charge we have explained you since you have paid for only two adult for the third person, there was a discount price was offered to you. The same was also written in your reservation voucher.

In regards to your issue of water, due to our geographical location, our water from the shower is salty. The water isn't from the ocean but from our borehole, which is several miles away from the ocean. Also, due to the nature of our salty water, it often turns the colour of our in-room towels, which are white, and we replace them occasionally.

Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

Best thing is location and staff. The worst is the hotel itself. Really old. Air conditioning doesnt cool well. When it rains hard the hotel starts flooding. I disliked the breakfast. I wanted to put a written complaint but no way.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rafac226
fom_DianiReef, Manager at Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear Rafac226,
Warm greetings from Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa.
It is sad to hear your stay with us was an unpleasant one. Our goal is to give the best service that lasts a lifetime.
In the case of the Air conditioning in your room, I believe post you raised about it our maintenance team had rectified the issue. In regards to the rain & storm it was act of god, however I believe our team has act on quickly on this issue. You can always approach our chef if you have any special request of your palate, they are eager to assist all guests.
We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to host you at Destination Diani