Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$138
Priceline
Reviews (1 086)
1 085 results
All reviews horizon restaurant marco's bar private pool well maintained gardens superior room main restaurant south coast half board breakfast and dinner animation team great holiday out of this world beautiful resort low tide day safari salome lbr
Selected filters
10 - 15 of 1 085 reviews
Reviewed 26 January 2021

Great hotel, the cottage was very confortable and the view absolutely fantastic,
Sadly was the no separation between the cottage and the sound-proofing.

The food was excellent , good and kindly service !
Thank you to Salome , Relationship Manager, for her professionalism.

I really recommand the Leopard Beach !

Date of stay: January 2021
Kioko Musyoki, General Manager at Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2021

Dear Guest,
We are very happy you chose Leopard Beach Resort & Spa for your stay in Diani Beach. We are happy to know that you enjoyed food, service and view. thanks for your compliments to Salome . We hope to have the chance to welcome you back at Leopard Beach Resort & Spa in the nearest future.
leopard Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 12 January 2021 via mobile

This was unfortunately the worst hotel and the most expensive we stayed at during our kenya trip. Rooms were the best part, being just ok. The shower was alone so don't expect to come out feeling clean, but at least the air conditioner worked well. Service was abysmal. From the moment we arrived it was as if we owed them a favor. At check-in one staff was yelling in swahili at other staff and left the trainee with us, who had no idea what she was doing. I speak enough swahili to know she called the other staff their an idiot. The staff all seemed like it was either their first day on the job or their last. They either didn't know or just didn't care. Food was basic, I would never ask for any of their recipes. Although the few dishes which were actually Kenyan we're decent, which suggests the chefs should stick to what they know. We paid over 200 USD per night and this place was worth 80 at best. The pool was dirty with rusty ladders and a corroded water return system. The pool area was blasting dance music most of the time we were there, as if it was some ibiza party. Totally obnoxious. Much if the hotel appeared to be in disrepair, with light fixtures falling apart and the makuti roofs I desperate need of repair. The sun shade roofs were all weathered and grey and rotting. It was really embarrassing and I know kenya can do better, the other 4 hotels we stayed at during our trip, all cheaper, were so much better. This place was pathetic. Even the beach, if the hotel was amazing but the beach bad, we could have stood for it. But both were bad. Would never recommend. The management will respond saying that i didn't bring any of these issues to their attention, what was I supposed to do? Spend three days walking around the hotel pointing out all the nonsense that was so obvious?

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 608aarona
Kioko Musyoki, General Manager at Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2021

Dear Guest,
Greetings from a sunny Leopard Beach Resort thanking you for your recent Stay and taking your time out to make this review.

Regrettably you never enjoyed your stay although you indicated that the accommodation and the grounds were great.

The hotel underwent a total refurbishment in 2019 so I am surprised that you indicate that it is falling apart including the coco beach bandas which are all new.

My apologies your expectations were not met.

Regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

Leopard Beach is an excellent property on the Kenyan beach, but the management is a total mess.
Upon arrival, It seems as though they aren’t very much concerned with social distancing; wearing masks isn’t made mandatory in public places and the restaurants don’t have a viable serving system.
The villas are a really good concept but staying there can be made so much better if the service is improved. The management needs to understand that when they advertise a luxury villa service, with the price tag on it, they have to deliver. On our first day they tried to pull one over on us as the pool pump was broken. A pool cleaner told us “there were chemicals or we can use the common pool near by”. It took one and a half days of us constantly complaining for them to ‘reluctantly’ replace it.
The food quality and menu as well is no where near a property of this standard.
After all the time they wasted of ours, we requested to leave our villa 45 minutes later than the checkout time. The managers began to complain. Very unprofessional.
Regret visiting the place. Never going back again unless the management pulls their act together.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sheil K
Kioko Musyoki, General Manager at Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2021

Dear Sheil,
Seasons greetings from Leopard Beach Resort .
I have noted your comment on service, the broken pump and that you were not allowed to check in late which I regret.

We will continue to do all that we can to close any gap that you experienced.

You may appreciate late check out may have been a change with another guest waiting to check in.

We adhere strictly to the covid protocols and if a guest may have faulted this then it will be more of an exception than a rule as we understand fully the fundamentals.

I thank you for raising your point of displeasure and we will continue to do everything that we can to in this regard.

Leopard Beach Resort.

Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

Generally write reviews only when expectations are highly exceeded or when extremely disappointed. In this case, it is Day 1 of our stay, and I will share an objective and detailed review that hopefully helps others make a wise decision on where to spend their cash.

After a really enjoyable stay at the main hotel some 12 years back, my wife and I opted to nostalgically stay at the hotel this Dec/Jan for our 5th anniversary, joined by our friends (another couple).

We decided to try The Residences- the premium offering of the resort (currently staying in no. B27). Half-board rate after 15% discount for 7 nights stay is equivalent of Kes. 41,650 (USD 381) per night for a double/couple.

Booking/reservation:

Felt very “transactional” i.e. no personal touch or interest. On one occasion a week before our arrival, I called reservations to confirm a few details and got a very distracted response and at some point was asked to wind up the call as the person attending to me was “busy”. Red flag that I brushed off as probably an issue with the specific individual.

Arrival:

Arrived on 28th Dec. Despite numerous email confirmations for an airport/hotel transfer, including on the morning of travel and arrival, we got to the airport and there was no one to meet us/pick us up. I called the hotel, the reservations gentleman was “busy” and couldn’t speak to me, and the lady on the line asked me to wait as they sorted the issue out. For how long? She couldn’t say. Fortunately, being a local, I negotiated for a ride directly at the airport and headed to the hotel. For the entire 2hour trip, no follow up phone call from the hotel to check if we were OK or still waiting and definitely no apology for the inconvenience. Another red flag- mediocre service, at a premium rate.

On arrival at the hotel, met by friendly Purity (a student trainee) who did her best to check us in without a hitch. Unfortunately no mention of our missed airport/hotel transfer and no apology until I expressed my dissatisfaction and asked to speak to the reservations gentleman I had been in contact with all along. He had left for the day. Salome (guest relations) met us at the reception before we headed to our villa and offered an apology, which we accepted. The driver they commissioned to pick us up forgot to do so (what does anyone say to that?)

First impressions:

2 bedroom forest Villa is beautiful, well laid out with a sizeable private plunge pool and patio. View from main bedroom A27 is great!

For B27 (second bedroom) there seems to be an unfinished section outside the bedroom/bathroom that’s not too pleasant to look at. The bathroom door leading to this outdoor section also has a wide gap at the bottom so we’ve had to stuff it with a towel to prevent insects/bugs from freely creeping into the bathroom and room.

Rain shower head is rusted and does not have enough pressure, so using the second holdable shower head. One of the two double beds we preferred to use in the room has a bent support leg that’s causing the bed to creak. Mattress is extremely firm (beyond comfort). Bed linen (rough and a few visible stains) and pillows (extremely stuffed) are not comfortable.

Request for insect spray at 11pm due to some crawling bugs was quickly responded to. However, you cannot keep the insect spray (it was labeled “reception” and had an issue date on it) so you will have to contend with squashing bugs on the floor and walls once you hand back the spray (we intend to buy our own tomorrow).

The blue LED lights on the light and AC switches keep the room lit so can cause trouble falling asleep hence my being awake at 2am (we will try and figure a way to cover them up tomorrow).

Meal/Reservation Options:

We booked under a half-board rate meaning we are entitled to breakfast in the main restaurant (Horizon) or in the restaurant that’s part of The Residences (Lemongrass) and dinner only in the main restaurant (Horizon). There is the option to swap dinner with lunch then experience the other restaurants within the hotel during lunch time at no extra charge. However, you cannot swap your dinner in Horizon for any other restaurant at dinner time since the other restaurants are a la carte and would affect planning in the evenings. Better to book Bed & Breakfast option to keep your flexibility of trying out all the different restaurants during your stay.

Overall:

For the premium rate of USD 381 (Kes. 41,650) per couple/double per night and compared to the advertised premium nature of The Residences, the service and actual offering is below par and NOT value for money. Please look around for other options if willing to spend that amount of money. If you are looking for a 2 to 3 star “resorty” offering, and can negotiate a good price you are comfortable with, knowing what you are buying into, then go right ahead. I will not be recommending this resort or The Residences to any of my friends and will have to find a way of staying sane and enduring the next 6 nights.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Danny,

Seasons greetings from Leopard Beach Resort thanking you for staying with us and for posting this review.

I particularly want to thank you for your detailed review and regret that your expectations were not met.

We will do everything to close the raised gaps.

It is gratifying to note however that your previous stay in the main hotel has been great. I suggest we look at this as an isolated case as we have had great reviews from these Award winning Residences.

Kindly accept my apologies.

Koko Musyoki
Leopard Beach Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

Travelled to Diani and stayed at this hotel during a business trip. It is a huge facility and has great amenities.

However, the conference facility left a lot to be desired- flipchart stand kept falling; and although staff were polite, we had to always walk up and about find someone to help- possible there was an issue with management and their staff and we customers ended up bearing the brunt of it.

The food was OK and we even had some kept for my collegues who arrived late on the first day- this was very kind of them.

Rooms were ok- TV wasn't so good but we made do with
it.

Overall-hotel has a lot of character but- unhappy staff will always provide unwilling service!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Season greetings from Leopard Beach Resort and Spa.

Thank you for your business support and taking your time out to post this review.

We have noted the raised concerns which I will continue to work on with my management team.

Best seasons regards to you and your family.

Kioko Musyoki
Leopard Beach Resort and Spa.