Lowest prices for your stay
US$170
US$116
Agoda.com
US$76
Hotels.comUS$116
eDreamsUS$170
TravelocityUS$116
All reviews kite surfing school rooms are clean beach maintenance coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2019

Being right on the beach and the close proximity to the different water activities does not make up for the problems that come with Blue Marlin.
Let's begin with the food. The breakfast was mediocre and bland. There were barely any options for vegetarians, vegans and likewise for those who only eat specific meats. They kept rotating the same thing everyday and some of it wasn't even cooked well. Barely fried tomatoes that were soggy with coriander as garnish? The same potatoes being served for 3 days in a row? Fruits that were not even fresh? Sausages that cannot be cut in to because of how rubbery they are? Juice that was too sour? Pancakes that were undercooked? Omelettes that were not well made? For the price you pay? Rubbish. Likewise, all their other menu items are overpriced. Also their dishes stink.
Speaking of rooms, the splendid scenery offered by some of the sea view rooms will not distract you from the conditions these rooms are in. The bathrooms need to be desperately renovated, the room design is outdated and some of them have barely running ACs and other issues with the cooling systems. We had to sleep with the windows open at night because the AC was barely working, despite having it on the coldest possible setting. Some people in our group slept on the sunbeds.
There is also a big bug problem, especially in the rooms which should be dealt with. I am aware that south coast tends to have a lot of bugs because of all the trees and whatnot but the hotels that I have been to on this very coast have dealt with their bug problem. We had encountered numerous lizards, big ants and various other bugs in our rooms. We also found ants in our drinks and fruits and on our last day we were greeted by thousands of dead ants at our doorstep.
Moving on to the staff; I've never met such an incapable, slow, rude and uncooperative staff before. This criticism extends to the management also.
Let's begin with the room service. They barely did their jobs properly. They'd come to clean the room and it was almost like they had never even been there. Even after they'd leave the rooms the floors would still be dirty and some of the cabinets and shelves looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years considering all the dust that was collected on them. Some of the towels and besheets we received had stains on them and at one point they didn't even replace the empty toiletries.
Moving on to the rest of the staff. They were slow and had to be reminded about an order numerous times. This happened when we ordered some tea and coffee and they took over half an hour to deliver our order to us and we had to keep going to them to ask them about it. Some of them were rude, not even bothering to fake an understanding look when a customer explained something to them. One of the staff members, when we told her we would be leaving soon, she said in Kiswahili "ata waondoke" to a fellow staff member, loosely translating to "they should leave". Teach your staff manners. Some of them just downright didn't do their jobs. We asked for two extra mattresses because of a mix-up and they only brought us one. When we asked for a second one they said there were no others. What kind of hotel does not have extra mattresses as a precaution? Luckily, we got the second mattress on our last night at the hotel thanks to a kind member of staff.
To be fair, there were a handful of staff members that were doing their jobs well and I give them props for being able to handle themselves in a decent way in such stressful situations.
And the pool is appalling. They don't seem to clean it daily, the water is murky and the floor of the pool is uneven in some places. There are bugs in the water that bit some people in our group. Unfortunately, since the only option to cool down without burning your eyes from the salt water of the ocean was the pool, we found ourselves going there. We also experienced days where there were no towels by the pool.
A word of caution for those of you that are people of colour (black, brown etc), you will not be treated with the same respect as the white guests.
A piece of advice to the management, please tone down your attitude. These reviews are in your best interest. Please learn from them and make the necessary improvements. It's for your own betterment.
I genuinely enjoyed my trip because of the water activities I got to do and the group I was a part of but the hotel and everything that came with it only brought me frustration. Zaza, the resident dog, and the friendly masaais were the only things that brought me joy at that hotel.
For the price we were paying, the accomodation and accompanying amenities were not up to the mark.
Will not be returning and will definitely not be recommending.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
noone123987, Manager at Blue Marlin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2019

You booked a room for 3 people and you arrived with 6! You agreed to fit yourself in the room the way it has been set. You've been accommodated with no charge for the extra persons. You've been asked to pay extra only for breakfast and it took couple of days to accept the charges. And yes, the ocean is salty, just wondering how this is our fault. And yes, after you being in the pool during your whole stay, the pool started looking appalling. We are cleaning up now.Fruits are both on dayli bases from a lockal farmer and they are the most fresh that you can buy. Our juices are made every morning from the same fruits and they are fresh squeezed. Our buffet breakfast has planty of vegetarian options, like arrow ruth stew, cooked spinach ,and varieties of cheese, the eggs are cooked on live station in front of the guests and they are made according to there taste. You kept plenty of snacks and food in your room which is against our policy, you where told that this can bring bugs and monkeys, but you didn't care.

Reviewed 13 November 2019

Rooms are clean in the old traditional style. Every day was roam cleaned and they brought 4 bottles of water. The shower could have a curtain. water splashed everywhere. hotel needs a bit of maintenance. The pool is too small and also needs maintenance especially the bottom. water in the pool wasn't clean. The food in the restaurant was good but breakfast was boring with no varieties at all. Some of the staff have very little knowledge of dining. For example, they brought us food for two on one plate with knife or fork missing... The wifi was very bad. In the room no signal at all. Water had strange smell and taste. In general, I enjoyed the stay, but there is many things to improve. Next time I would go somewhere else.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 16 October 2019

Place is okay although for no reason my sister had a much nicer room than me. Which was another blow given I accidentally booked full board by accident and was refused a refund and wanted to eat other places so just lost a lot of money. The hotel has a poor policy of taking the full amount before you arrive and not offering any changes or refunds.

I also asked to speak to the manager about this, at least to give feedback, but he(I think?) never turned up. That's just poor customer service.

Shame, this place was recommended by a friend, but I wouldn't recommend it to others.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2019

1. Friendly and good staff
2. Clean Rooms and good ocean view.
3. Very classic for those who love the old style.
4. Swimming pool was small.
5. The staff assisted in organizing few activities by coordinating with the touring company.
6. Breakfast is good but can do much better by providing a buffet with some varieties on daily basis.

Overall myself and my family enjoyed staying at the hotel. I am sure the hotel can improve lots of things like having proper intercom, breakfast variety, and little bit of maintenance. I can recommend to other.

Always keep the balcony and the room doors close otherwise you can expect a visitor "Monkey :)"

Room tip: Recommend the first floor rooms facing the ocean. Very Quite except that you hear the sound of the sea which is extremely great.
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 2 April 2019 via mobile

Diani beach is a wonderful place, the blue marlin could be.
First of all: best staff ever, nice people, very kind and attentive.
Breakfast and dinner are both ok and the beach is beautiful.
BUT the rooms REALLY need a refresh, the towels are old and full of holes, the water smells and the AC is really noisy, it looks like the management wants to gain money without spending any.
One thing that is really upsetting is that if there’s a group staying at the same time as you, you’re not gonna get a sun bed, cause the management doesn’t care if they occupy all the sunbeds at 7.30 for them. One or two is ok but 20 taken by just one person for the others sleeping is not fair. The place is very small and they should at least provide sunbeds for every guest. The beach is not quiet at all, the sun beds are so close to each other that you can hear the thoughts of your neighbor next to you. The picture on internet are far away from reality, beware, I posted some pictures of the real conditions. So if you wanna relax and enjoy your holiday my advise is to book somewhere else. Sorry to say next year we’re not coming back. I’ve never seen a management who doesn’t care about their activity as them, they just care about the money. It’s really sad to see a place with so much potential wasted like that.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple