Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Free cancellation until 21/06/25
Expedia.comUS$96
PricelineUS$109
Trip.comUS$362
All reviews kite surfing school rooms are clean beach maintenance coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I find Blue Marlin unpretentious and lovely place for an afternoon spot. Its next to the beach so it has lovely views.
I have only gone there for lunch and the food has been always been delicious. We went to have lunch and drinks this October and had some issues with the mixologist at the bar for making the wrong cocktail and he made noise to us when we returned the cocktail. However our waiter Simon turned around our experience and we had a lovely time. I would go there for their King prawns- very delicious.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 286luckyl
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The pictures are so nice.. and paradise it could be.. BUT
Bad management I guess.
No WiFi although promised. Noisy Construction work ongoing the whole day. We had two people that got ill with fever and had to stay in the room, which was a disaster. No proper airco, a bathroom covered in fungi so you could hardly breathe, and aggressive monkeys trying to break in. And they succeeded.. plundering the fridge and leaving feces on the floor as a thank you... just because the window didn’t lock very well, (and anyways you also need fresh air).
The building is also quite open, you can see people taking a shower in their room... and the construction workers could indeed watch everything which felt like no privacy at all.
On the beach harassed by sales people of all kinds and no relaxed swimming because of Kite surfers all over the place thanks to the school next door.
And quite far from facilities for which you have to arrange transportation. After dark I am not even sure about safety..
Staff were nice although they did not seem very supported by sr. Management. Food in restaurant is decent but the place is not very inviting.
Place with potential for the future but really disappointing today.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2018

After a friend of ours recommended this hotel, my wife and I booked it. Then we checked the reviews and were a bit concerned. Insects and blood stained sheets!! Anyway, since my wife and I are seasoned travellers, we knew better than to base our opinion on a couple of disgruntled tourists. What we found was a lovely hotel, helpful staff, good security (thanks to a Masai who kept watch 12 hours a day), lovely food, super 4-poster bed and nice room. Admittedly there was some work going on, as they try to add a 4th floor to the complex, but unless you stayed in your room during the day, you would be unaware. Who goes to Diani Beach and stays in their room during the day anyway? The doorstep beach was amazing. Beautiful white sands and all manner of water sports (not my thing though). A small warning - if you want to go for a relaxing walk on the beach, forget it. There are endless locals approaching you with the intention of selling you stuff and offering glass bottomed boat trips etc. and lots of stray dogs. The locals are just trying to make a living, but to be honest I got a bit tired of it after a few days. It's a public beach, so if you want peace and quiet, stay on the hotel grounds and sit on a sunbed. The Masai ensures none of the locals hassle you in the hotel grounds. You can catch a tuk-tuk anywhere you fancy for a few quid, by hailing them off the road. It's very safe, even at night, but make sure the tuk-tuk takes you door to door. Driving is a bit dodgy in Kenya. Pool is small, but nice enough for a break from the hot sun. all in all a lovely place to stay, contrary to some of the reviews. Oh, and the Swahili Fish is to die for!!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed 20 July 2018

I stayed at Blue Marlin Beach Hotel with my two children for four days in July 2018.

Our room was not cleaned properly: it had many insects everywhere :( . I was disgusted to find large blood stains on our bedsheets upon arrival. I asked them to change the sheets and they did. The rooms didnt have a TV or a phone to contact reception for example.

We waited for 90 minutes on average to get breakfast, I dont understand how it can take that long to boil eggs and make toasts. We also got food poisoning from the restaurant and my son actually got really sick on the final day.

Also, two out of the four nights we were there, there was no electricity which was very annoying. The owners of the hotel said its because the electricity in Kenya is bad. But I believe that they should invest in a backup generator to be honest.

The best thing was the beach, Diani beach is breath taking and I highly recommend Diani beach. But there are many other hotels on Diani beach and I recommend you check those out.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Zahra H
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We stayed at the Blue Marlin Beach Hotel in Diani for 5 days in July 2018. However I regret our stay there for the following reasons:
1. The management was extremely rude with a flippant attitude. I stayed in many places in the world and haven't come across management that was this rude to guests!
2. We saw the management literally screaming at the local staff several times during our stay and it was very upsetting to see how the local staff were being treated.
2. We opted for the full board option however meals were very poor and many of the things listed on the menu were not available. Even some of the basic drinks (e.g fanta/coke) were not available on some of the days.
3. The rooms were spacious but very basic.

On a positive note:
1. The local staff (waiters, receptionists, cleaners etc) were very nice and it was only because of their kindness that our stay was bearable.
2. The location was excellent and was right on the beach.

Date of stay: July 2018