Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Reviews (1 042)
1 042 results
All reviews cascading pools spice route beautiful architecture beautiful hotel south coast superior room sea weed rooms are huge main restaurant welcome drink half board palm trees seafood ukunda airstrip out of this world indian ocean diani
Selected filters
165 - 170 of 1 042 reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2019

Before deciding to try out Swahili Beach Resort, my friend and I had heard quite a mixed bag of reviews from other travellers so we weren't quite sure what to expect... but from the moment we arrived at the airport and the complimentary shuttle was there to pick us, we already loved the experience. The staff were all superb and attentive; the service was great and the pools were divine! We had a small issue with our room but as soon as we called the reception about it, it was sorted out asap. We really really enjoyed our stay here and will most definitely be back.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2019

We visited this lovely hotel with my family and friends in Nov 2018. I love East Africa being born there and I was returning after nearly 35 years! I had spent many a holiday in Mombasa during my childhood.

Swahili Beach Hotel on Diani is on a superb location. Breathtaking! The amenities with its cascading swimming pools etc was so luxurious and the hotel had a good feeling for me when we entered it. Took my breath away.

Unfortunately, the rooms, although absolutely beautiful did not live up to this wonderful ambience. Its the bathrooms in particular. The shower did not work. We had to change rooms 3 times before we got a room that was suitable. The service of the junior staff in dealing with this was really good and they even came out to the beach to ensure we were OK. But the senior staff at the receptions were dreadful. Whenever we went up to them they gave us a cold stare as they knew we were there to tell them about the rooms.

It was not until the owner intervenes we managed to get a decent shower-and even then it was not very good, But the owner did try his best and in return gave us a complimentary dinner in one of the bespoke restaurants in the hotel.

The main dining hall (buffet-open plan) was great! Food was really good. We went for an all inclusive option and that was great, We had no complaints there. The pizza place on the beach was good -the service a little slow but then we were in no rush.

I wanted to see what the conference facilities were like as I was interested in scoping for an international event. Although the rooms were large, the facilities looked quite dated for a high quality conference to be held there-which is a shame really. I think the hotel needs refurbishment in the bathrooms for sure.

It is safe for a relaxing holiday and very near the airport at Diani we flew back to Nairobi. So very convenient. That's a plus. We actually travelled by train into Mombasa-now that's a different story! All in all quite an adventure.

To the owner of the hotel: lovely place but if we can have better rooms with better bathrooms next time it would really be appreciated!
From the Lakhani family in Nairobi and Leicester UK.

Room tip: Make sure you get a sea view room with a working shower!
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2019

What a beautiful relaxing stay at Swahili Beach. This was a family vacation with a two and four year old and we were taken care of very well. Food was amazing, pools were endless and architecture was breath taking. Simply exquisite! The teppanyeki dinner was a good option to get away from the main dining!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2019

Our stay at Swahili Beach Resort was awesome from the reception, restaurants to the rooms.We had a great experience unfortunately our stay was for 2 nights only considering we had checked in late...."WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH OF IT"
The food was great, chef was making rounds for feedback which was very impressive.the rooms were spacious(oooh i forgot to mention we were surprised with a superior room upgrade)clean and turn down done everyday.
The resort is quiet which is nice for relaxation.
We are looking forward to the next visit.

Room tip: Superior room on the upper floor
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2019

Just before my only child's first birthday, I stayed at Swahili Beach in December 2017. Travelling with me was my brother, his wife and their two children. As a first time mother away from our nanny for the first time, I did not know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this beautiful hotel. My family and I got an upgrade of our rooms. The staff couldn't have been more helpful! The hotel provides a lot of activities for kids and they even have baby sitters! I also happen to have my birthday on Christmas day and my brother arranged with the staff to give me a surprise party and a beautifully decorated room with red petals and all!

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I truly have nothing but praises for the experience my daughter and I had during our stay! Kudos!

Date of stay: December 2018