Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (1 042)
1 042 results
All reviews cascading pools spice route beautiful architecture beautiful hotel south coast superior room sea weed rooms are huge main restaurant welcome drink half board palm trees seafood ukunda airstrip out of this world indian ocean diani
Selected filters
226 - 231 of 1 042 reviews
Reviewed 27 January 2019

This resort was a feast for my eyes. Everything was absolute beauty. The views were beautiful, the pools were amazing (cascading) and the rooms were spacious little heavens. It was a little (a lot) on the expensive side and the staff weren't the absolute friendliest (if I had to nit pick), but overall it was worth every cent.

Room tip: The best rooms are the rooms at the bottom (with a view of the sea)
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Miss_Zimmy
Reviewed 25 January 2019

This resort is not only stunning by its exterior and interior design but also by the good management. This ranges from transfers to and from the resort to efficient front desk staff to houskeeping and well run restaurants. They also communicate well with guests before arrival to make sure that guests' requirements are met. Special mention of Ms Helen, Mr Jeff and Mr Boni the driver!

Reviewed 24 January 2019

Our family spent a few hours down at the charming little beach infront of the relaxed beachside restaurant at the bottom f the hitel.
The walk through this stunningly designed refreshing architecture, one glides down gentle sloped paths past several small swimmingpools. Stunning gardens guves the space an intimacy cleverly breaking up what is actually quite a large area. Cool, cool, trickling water, despite the coast heat.
Reach beach restaurant and found shady table to sit at. Fabulous selection soft drinks, freshly squeezed juices, shakes, iced daquaris.
A wander down steps onto the sand, where 2 camels approached with charmingly bright saddles. The owner was helpful, not at all pushy, (most unusual) & took my grandchildren on a grand ride; good value.
Then back to our table for simple delightful lunch, calamari, shared pizza & charming view.

Room tip: Ground floor to be near gardens
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank janpyesafari
Reviewed 19 January 2019

Could be better. I found the buildings wonderfully sculptured, but…

The Shower/Bath concept: The shower next to the stone/wall bath is pretty dangerous if one were to slip.

Bathing Towels: Our bathing towels were changed with no replacements. Had to call thrice. Arrived an hour later. Did not arrive in time so had to wipe with hand towels. When the towels were finally brought we were already on our way out of the room.

Food: There was a time when I had to stop eating my food at dinner because it tasted strange - Indian dish. That was the first time I had ever pushed my plate away with food on it in a hotel.

Beach: Worst beach ever been to in Diani Beach. Such a disappointment. I have been to beautiful beaches in Diani and many hotels here, since I come here very often.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeff M, General Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at Swahili Beach Resort.
The Team and I are always eager to receive feedback from our guests.

Our room size, Swahili finishes and bathroom size/design are very popular with most of our guests.
We have taken great care to ensure that the floor finishes are of very high quality and most importantly, non-slip, so no danger of any accident.

I have personally taken note of your feedback regarding the delay in receiving your towels.
I have shared this with Millicent, our Executive Housekeeper who assures me that it was an unfortunate, one-off, occurrence.

I am concerned about your comments on the food.
Our Indian Chef Pawar, is re-knowed for his dishes and I would be interested to receive specifics of what you felt was not right with the food.
We are always looking to improve and your feedback will help.

Diani Beach has been voted; Best Beach Destination In Africa, for the last 4 yours. Swahili Beach shares in this recognition, while acknowledging that some parts of Diani may be better than others.
We hope that your frequent visits to the Diani will continue and that you carry good memories of the destination with you.

I take this opportunity to wish you a great 2019.

With my best regards,

Jeff Mukolwe

Reviewed 17 January 2019

This was my second time there hence the title :) and the quality remains unmatched!
The rooms are very spacious, clean and well maintained. The food is really good I urge you to head on over to the pasta station, you'll thank me later. I really like the cascading pools, it is such a unique feature making it very scenic, prepare your inner blogger :) . The staff are friendly and they give a warm welcome. However the beach is a bit rocky. All in all it was a very wholesome experience!