Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Reviews (1 041)
1 041 results
All reviews cascading pools spice route beautiful architecture beautiful hotel south coast superior room sea weed rooms are huge main restaurant welcome drink half board palm trees seafood ukunda airstrip out of this world indian ocean diani
Selected filters
283 - 288 of 1 041 reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

My friends and I couldn’t believe how amazing this place was as we stepped foot onto its grounds! We were greeted with a special drink as we checked in. The ambience is amazing! We greatly enjoyed the food! The service was outstanding! I can go on and on! You’re definitely in for an amazing experience!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jeff M, General Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time to write a review on your recent stay at Swahili Beach Resort - Diani.
Thank you for the positive comments and for recommending us to other readers.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Check in experience was not great, no greetings, took 2 hours to get into the room after, the key system didn’t work, change the room which was not aligned with the booking. So staff proposed me to get my lunch, not charged to me, and when finally got my room I was upgraded in aka suite room (127) which were very spacious, traditional decoration, original and tasty bathroom and access to a roof top perfect to admire stars in night.
Food in the beach restaurant is average and buffet which tends to be the preferred options for guest is tasteless.
The beach is ok but don’t expect to see corals or marine life at the beach. Pools are good, need some better cleaning management as many sands in.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Jeff M, General Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Swahili Beach Resort.

I am concerned to read that your check-in experience and was not as expected.
a 2-hour wait is definitely not our standard and I sincerely apologise for this.

The Chef and I are equally concerned that our Beach Restaurant menu and buffet selection was not to your liking.
We pride ourselves for having some of the best food reviews and will be attempting to ensure that we have not slipped.

We do however, appreciate the fact that you liked your suite with the rooftop area.

Your feedback is important to us and we shall ensure that the points you raise are improved on.

We hope to be able to host you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Swahili Beach is exquisitely designed and is one of the only 5-Star rated hotels in Kenya's South Coast. It has a very large pool, a well laid out restaurant and offers guests open access to the beach.
Whereas the menu has interesting offerings at affordable prices, service is rather slow and disorganized. As a result, dishes ordered took much too long to arrive.
The beach-side restaurant's excellent ambience almost makes up for these shortcomings. It was a fantastic experience that we are likely to repeat soon.

Room tip: If you want it quiet, choose rooms away from the beachfront because of the music form the bar.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Swahili Beach Resort.

The Team and I are pleased that you had a great stay and enjoyed your time here.

We sincerely apologise if we may have fallen short in the service area.
Chef and the Service Team are reviewing procedures to ensure that the delays you mention are not repeated.

Our Beach Bar and Restaurant is a favorite of many and we are glad you enjoyed the ambience.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has excellent amenities with the exception of WiFi which is paid for in bundles and is supplied via moveable routers. This works no doubt for as long as your allocated bundles lasts and is probably moved depending on who complains the most.

The staff at reception are particularly inept. We arrived to a welcome drink which is nice so long as you are not kept waiting and lied to about internet access. We on various occasions had to chase them up as they failed to respond to simple requests for example more towels. There is a very real lack of responsibility taking and general lack of knowledge here. More importantly management and staff performance accessment is not at all evident.

When we left we ordered a taxi through the hotel to the airport which we paid for in advance. The taxi driver not from the hotel claims that he had not been paid! It is a shame because the rooms, showers, food and location are all excellent. It just lacks the polish of an establishment run by professionals.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at Swahili Beach Resort.

Clearly, this was not our best performance.
We acknowledge challenges with our WiFi coverage, during the period that you stayed with us.
I am however, glad to inform you that we have sorted out these challenges and the coverage and bandwidth are now greatly improved.

I make no excuses for the service at the Front Desk.
The head of the Front Office Team and I are personally dealing with this.
Please accept my sincere apologies.

I would appreciate some details on the taxi payment as we do not charge our guests for transfers from and to Ukunda airstrip.
Transfers to Mombasa airport are charged to your room bill.
Please let me know if this was charged and if you also paid the taxi driver for the same.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the rooms, food and location.
We hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Very excellent service received from the staff during our workshop from 20th. May
Staff Naomi, Purity & other cashier is it oyier from migori , Benard and Susan gave to our team.
Your food was very nice

Titus

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the 5-star review.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience at Swahili Beach Resort.
I have shared your comments with the Team members you mentioned.
They are pleased that they contributed in making your stay a great one.
We are also glad that you enjoyed our meals.

We look forward to welcoming you back.