Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$48
View deal
eDreams
US$48
View deal
StayForLong
Agoda.com
All reviews second row gym diani beach accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2017

There are three highlights to this little hotel
1- Staff
You would be hard-pressed to find friendlier, more helpful, informed, genuine staff anywhere. From help with basic things, such as a massage delivered to my room to going to the market in their off time to get the best price on dresses and other tourist items. Excellent service such as that offered at Galu Inn allows me to overlook things like peeling paint or chairs needing new cushions.
2-WiFi and Steady 4G signal.
I could use my iPad, Phone, and laptop in every corner of the hotel with a strong signal. This is something I cant say about many hotels in Nairobi.
3-Pool and Gym
The pool is long enough to swim laps and wide enough in my case to do hydrotherapy prescribed by my physiotherapist. The gym is small but well equipped with everything in working order.
Galu is a bit out of the way. There are a few places you can walk to but to get to the supermarket you will need a tuk-tuk or a taxi. I like the remoteness as it means it quite here at night.
The cleaning staff really do clean, not just push around a bucket of water. The laundry service is fast and clothes are returned on the same day immaculate and soft without an overwhelming fabric softener odor.

Room tip: Stay on the second floor
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank coloredgirltravels
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

While at Diani Beach with friends recently, I stayed at Galu Inn for two nights. It's a nice place with friendly and attentive staff. The safe and a/c in my room both worked very well. I was pleased to find an electric kettle which I used to make tea. The breakfast was fairly good and there's a nearby public access to the beach. My one small complaint was getting the shower to work properly.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank rejoicing
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

The ambience is quirky and somewhat not themed. The rooms are suffeciently comfortable, with airconditioning and fans to keep things cool. The staff are a pleasant lot and always willing to help. The breakfast is terrible and needs a complete overhaul, however, other meals we had were suffecient and tasty. There is no view of the beach and one has to walk about 500 meters across the road to be able to get to the beach.Overall, it's a good hotel and very pocket friendly prices when compared to other hotels in the area.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

The photos on web site must have been taken when the place was new! No choice for breakfast and the cheapest possible fruit, cereal etc was suppled. Good thing I could see my room from the breakfast table as someone hung around the door then let them selves in to rummage around our luggage and see what we hadn't put in the safe!!!! When I confronted her all she could say was 'forgive me, forgive me' - not a place I would return to. They say you get what you pay for but this cheap inn was sadly embarrassingly scruffy and stingy.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SusieM471
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I visited Diani with my Husband and stumbled across this chic tidy boutique hotel, Galu Inn. We knew it was the perfect place as soon as we got here; upon our arrival they made us feel as if we were part of their little family. The staff were really friendly and always had a smile on their face and at the same time informative. They went an extra mile to deal with our special requests for meals and that being said the food was always delicious. The rooms are spacious, maintained really well and cleaned. I was impressed with their bathrooms as the hot water system was spot on in being reliable. If you are like me and like a quiet serene, homely and simple place why not try Galu Inn.

Date of stay: July 2016