Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$48
View deal
TripadvisorUS$48
Priceline
StayForLong
Agoda.comUS$48
eDreamsUS$48
All reviews second row gym diani beach accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

The ambience is quirky and somewhat not themed. The rooms are suffeciently comfortable, with airconditioning and fans to keep things cool. The staff are a pleasant lot and always willing to help. The breakfast is terrible and needs a complete overhaul, however, other meals we had were suffecient and tasty. There is no view of the beach and one has to walk about 500 meters across the road to be able to get to the beach.Overall, it's a good hotel and very pocket friendly prices when compared to other hotels in the area.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

The photos on web site must have been taken when the place was new! No choice for breakfast and the cheapest possible fruit, cereal etc was suppled. Good thing I could see my room from the breakfast table as someone hung around the door then let them selves in to rummage around our luggage and see what we hadn't put in the safe!!!! When I confronted her all she could say was 'forgive me, forgive me' - not a place I would return to. They say you get what you pay for but this cheap inn was sadly embarrassingly scruffy and stingy.

Date of stay: July 2016
2  Thank SusieM471
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I visited Diani with my Husband and stumbled across this chic tidy boutique hotel, Galu Inn. We knew it was the perfect place as soon as we got here; upon our arrival they made us feel as if we were part of their little family. The staff were really friendly and always had a smile on their face and at the same time informative. They went an extra mile to deal with our special requests for meals and that being said the food was always delicious. The rooms are spacious, maintained really well and cleaned. I was impressed with their bathrooms as the hot water system was spot on in being reliable. If you are like me and like a quiet serene, homely and simple place why not try Galu Inn.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I visited this place once more in June which was their off peak season. Hotel was relatively quiet which made it a bit more enjoyable. The staff now know me and some of my requirements were taken care of without asking.

I noticed a mosquito in my room and that was quickly taken care off effectively by the front desk.

A small suggestion would be to expand the Restaurant menu in the future. Rest all is great

Room tip: 1st Floor has a good view
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

We visited Galu Inn on the Easter weekend and it was amazing!

Reception & Lobby
• Nice lobby and reception area.
• Recieved with chilled fruit juice n cold wet towels.
• they have little lounges where u can relax at the dhowbar and upstairs at a little library.
• All staff members were friendly.
• Mary who checked us in and served us during our whole stay there was a darling. Thanks Mary.

Rooms
•very clean and large.
• Large beds with clean white sheets.
•AC was very very effective
•shower unit was also nice with clean white towels, soap & shampoo/conditioner.
•rooms have a nice flatscreen tv but limited channels.
•ample storage space for luggage
•working safe for valubles.
•mini fridge.
•WiFi was kinda weak in our room.
• All thumbs up for rooms.

Dining
• Food (breakfast) can take a while to be served.
• First night we had a nice 3 course dinner but for some reason the 2nd night there was no starter and no dessert icecream...
• The gentleman serving us was keen and always checked on us to make sure our dinner was ok. (Forgot his name)
• The tables in the dining room are too low/short. My friend and I were always uncomfortable coz there is zero legroom between the seat and the table.
• Food was yummy. especially the fish (Galu catch of the day). So fresh! Compliments to the chef!
• We were also given the dinner menu earlier in the day so we could choose our main course and have it prepared early. Thanks Rooshab!

Pool and compound
•The pool was pretty deep.
• However, it was dirty. There was weird stuff floating around the pool and the floor of the pool was slimy.
• Sunbeds and towels were provided at the pool side where u can have ur lunch.
• Compound was clean, serine and well maintained.
• 24hr security at the gate.
• We experienced power blackouts on the 2nd night and 3rd day. They however have a back up generator.

Beach
• No direct beach access from Galu Inn but the beach access path is just a few metres from Galu Inn gate. Short stroll.
• Beach is amazing. Beautiful waves and cool breeze.

Special thanks to Rooshab & Sonali who took us through the reservation process and relentlessly answered all the questions we had before we got there. We will definitely be back for our next Diani getaway.

Date of stay: March 2016
3  Thank cynmugure
GaluInn, Manager at Galu Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Wow! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a comprehensive and detailed review from your stay with us. Thank you for all the nice comments about our place and the hospitality you received - it is truly encouraging and makes everything we do worthwhile.
At our small place, we always seek opportunities to enhance our service to meet the expectations of our guests, so thank you for your precious suggestions and valuable feedback regarding the areas for improvement.
Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings that fell below your expectations and we are working to rectify these for necessary corrective measures. We have upgraded our wifi link to increase browsing speeds.
Kindly also be assured that your observation regarding the pool has been duly noted and has been forwarded to our pool maintenance staff for immediate action.

On a different note we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the remaining aspects of your stay and on overall, you felt it to be a "perfect little getaway" and have passed on the same to Mary & the rest of the staff and they are eagerly waiting your return to thank you in person!
You will always remain a most cherished welcome guest at Galu Inn!

It was a pleasure hosting you,

All the best from Rooshab, Sonali & the rest of the Galu Inn Team!