“Awesome stay at Condo # 7901”
other travellers have booked this property
Clubhouse View Pool View from the Penthouse
Tennis Court
Basketball Court
Beach
River Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Michigan0...
Grand Rapids, MI
“Condo 6203 - So much potential, needs much attention though”
Reviewed 4 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

I hesitate to recommend this unit to anyone who reviews the advertising provided by Alonso Realty. It is far from advertised. But the complex itself is really quite pretty and unique to say the least. So I will divide my comments into those regarding the complex and those about unit 6203.

Aquatika is not a hotel but rather a condo complex, and from what I could tell, occupied by San Juan resident/owners for the weekends. The place was practically desolated when we arrived on a Tuesday. It is large, and literally sprawls for 2/3 mile from the entry gate to the beach. Units begin at number 100 and go up to 7000. Needless to say, try to rent a unit numbered 5500 or higher so you are closer to the nicer heated pool and beach. You will also be further from the church near the entrance that blares out terribly loud singing virtually daily.

The beach is small but sandy and fairly clean, though you need your extra key to get out and back in the spiked gate again (we had to figure this out ourselves The place is in the middle of a poorer town, but as mentioned on other reviews, is very safe and security abounds. You will hear roosters crowing in the morning, dogs barking, the loud church, many neighbors playing music, but if you can get over that and embrace the local culture, it's great.

There is a lazy river (which does not really flow in any one direction), 3 Jacuzzis (only one that exceeds 75F) and 4 pools (the one nearest the beach is heated, the others not). They are all clean and no more than 4 feet deep so quite kid friendly. They extend down the middle of the 2 sets of 3 storey buildings. Two playgrounds are there as well, fairly modern equipment but somewhat in disrepair with several broken items etc. A basketball court with two bent rims too. A mini golf course that's a bit worn but you need to have your own clubs to play. Hopefully your rental unit provides the.. The waterpark pieces (spraying nozzles etc) and waterslide only flow on weekends and many of those items are also nonfunctional. You must have flip flops or watershoes as the surface of the pool deck is a stucco like material made of glass like stones that literally cut your feet. Odd choice of surface to say the least. There is a beautiful clubhouse with the headquarters office, nonfunctional gym (all equipment rusted and broken), bathroom (locked all the time), 2 flat screen TV's (broken) and free WiFi (that actually worked). The staff was nice and answered what questions they could. The grounds are beautiful in general and gardens well kept. I recommend a first level condo, it's easier in and out and the 3rd floor unit extra roof decks are simply too hot to stay on anyway with a spiral staircase to get up there that's generally a danger for little kids.

Aquatika is a great place to head out for the day from. It is centrally located to many NE Puerto Rico attractions. If you are looking for a fancy hotel to hang out at all day with nice services DO NOT come here. There are no food services on site, you stock your fridge from Walmart a few miles away and either find food nearby or eat out for the day. You must have a rental car. Your experience totally depends on the unit you rent, and as mentioned in other critiques of the place, I suggest you only rent one that has a manager on site (I read about Camille was it?, she sounded great, wished I had met her). If you don't, you will be left to your own devices to solve issues that occur as most owners are not around to help you and the "manager" of the property may only provide frustrating nonanswers for the most part.

Regarding this particular unit 6203, beware. We were met nearly an hour late at the airport by a fellow and his girlfriend who interpreted somewhat for him. I spent half an hour on my cell phone trying to figure out just where he was. We were supposed to meet at the rental car office but I did not see him. After some frustration, we eventually connected and they directed us to the place by having us follow their car. It was a 35 min drive. He directed me where to park, gave me the keys and was ready to leave when I asked him to stay and show me a few things. He was flustered, could not show me how to turn on the AC units that seemed not to work, operate the WiFi which had a nonfunctional password or show me what the keys on the chain of 5 he gave me was for. It was marginally clean with greasy wipe marks all over the counter, paint peeling off the ceiling, dust filled fans, and dishes that were put away with a film on them. A sign of things to come....

So I called the manager's "emergency" number he gave me for a fellow named Siedel who could not initially answer the following either:
-Why the internet password given wouldn't work
-Why there was no TV upstairs as advertised but in a closet broken instead
- Why the AC unit in one bedroom leaked water all over the floor when on
- Why there was a mish mash of pots and pans but none with a lid
- Why the DVD player played in black and white
-Why there was no hot water in the kitchen
-Why the AC unit in the upstairs loft did not work
-Why the AC unit in the main living area was no longer on the wall where it originally was and hence we had a humid apartment in the living space
-Why there was no patio furniture on the rooftop deck other than 2 folded up and ripped beach chairs

I will stop there but I think you get the point. When he finally came the morning of the third day we were there, he was kind enough, and actually solved the TV/internet/DVD problems but essentially told me he had no control over what the owners decide to fix or not. He also insinuated we were not here to enjoy the indoors but rather the outdoors so why be concerned? He sent an AC repairman who played with the leaking unit but never fixed it. I asked him to give a message to Mr. Alonso and left a message at Alonso Realty but they never responded to my concerns.

This condo is in a premium spot in the complex and it's a shame these issues prevent it from being as great as it could be. I checked out a couple neighboring occupied units that were far better maintained. We made the best of it, lesson learned. Things here do not get addressed quickly and tend to remain broken. I will consider coming back to Aquatika again as the units are large enough to hold a large family, but will definitely look for another unit.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Christine...
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Awesome stay at Condo # 7901”
Reviewed 3 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

We were concerned about the review of condo #7901 but booked our family vacation anyway for Thanksgiving break.The location was perfect right and in front was the pool for the kids to play on the water slide and swim while we watched from the patio. The beach was only a minute walk and so beautiful.We were impressed that the condo was very modern and clean!!! The brand new washer/dryer were so convenient we were able to wash/dry beach towels and clothes.The A/C in the family room got crazy because of the power but I contacted the owner and right away she answered and the problem was fixed.We can't wait to book our next trip and we will stay here again at #7901.This was a no stress vacation and gorgeous property !!!

Liked best: The modern condo
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
MsRae1972
Columbia, Maryland
“Home away from home...”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I wanted to say thankyou to Alonso Reality for an amazing experience and the use of their property. I came with my salsa family who was in search of beaches and great live latin music. We absolutely loved it and everyone was happy with the accommodations. I was excited to get an email stating they were ready for us and to be met outside the rental car agency by someone who we followed back to the location. It was a pleasant suprise to find trundle beds under the bunks so there was enough sleeping space for everyone. There flatscreens in the master BR (which has a full bath), the living room and upstairs near the pool table (which also had a half bath). There were DVD's, ports to play music, linens, pot, pans, dishes, coffee makers and even wine glasses. The location was central to all the comforts of home (Walmart Supercenter, SAMS, Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx, Sally's Beauty Supply, the outlets etc...) making it convenient for us to leave for quick trips to the store. It was central to El Yunque, Old San Juan, Isla Verde and I was able to find a Zumba class in nearby Carolina. There was a police station right outside the gated community and the neighborhood locals were friendly. We realized that PR187 took us to Isla Verde and had great kioskos and beaches along the way. I've never stayed at a vacation rental but will never go back to hotels. It was safe and security monitored even for my late night walks along the pools. Lawns were manicured and the facility was well mantained. The GPS coordinates were really helpful and helped everyone feel comfortable driving around. Alonso always responded to my questions promtly and the reservation was done with ease. All in all, it was a great time and I would highly recommend staying!

Liked best: the bedrooms
Liked least: really nothing...but if you cornered me, I'd say having no toaster
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
AnaTerrad...
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent Experience!! Lots of Fun for the kids!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed last week Wed to Sun. I stayed with my husband, my son and wife, daughter and husband and 3 grand children ages 7 months, 1 year 4 months and 7 years. there was a lot of Fun for all ages!! excellent facilities (like 5 different pools) access to the beach and basketball and tennis courts. also Mini golf!!! apartment was very comfortable for all of us, and very well equipped with air conditioned in rooms, kitchen equipped with everything needed, TVs, DVD, etc. It was an excellent experience to share in family with kids!! Highly recommended!!! the rent process was also excellent with Mr. Alonso.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: excellent facilities!
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Management Response
22 Apr 2014
It is good that they able to enjoy our Tropical Paradise, Aquátika!
Durham
Reviewed 17 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers
Management Response
17 Mar 2014
Thanks for everything!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing