Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$113
PricelineUS$113
Agoda.comUS$113
TripadvisorUS$113
All reviews mango full kitchen san juan del sur big house horseback riding living room banana pancakes in town fishing trip great surf open air bungalow beaches wedding surfing hammocks panga
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

A year ago we decided to go to Nicaragua for a family holiday .Our dream came true with our stay at Mango Rosa. From the moment we arrived until we left we felt safe and secure.Our villa was incredibly spacious giving us plenty of room for our family of 6 to spread out. The outdoor living room on the second story had hammocks with a cross breeze.The pool was great with no time limit on its use , where sipping cocktails and snacks was always an option.The Mango staff , Greg and his crew were wonderful ,so supportive and made us feel like we were part of an extended family . A special shout out to Scott , Greg’s brother who was visiting as well.

We all had an opportunity to try different activities . The horse back riding took us through back trails where we saw and heard howler monkies and beautiful birds . We ended up travelling along two beautiful beaches , before our return to Mango.Greg’s boat tour was a real treat taking us along the beautiful coastline and coves ending with a spectacular sunset on the water .The zip lining adventure was just that. A rocous ride up to the canopy of the forest , with spectacular views as we made our way across the various platforms.

Best of all was our time spent on the surf beach , with the rides in the pick up where we would all pile in for the drive to the shore.We swam and surfed for hours and enjoyed pineapple mojitos .The board rental is only $10 for the day.

We had a wonderful New Year on the beach where a bon fire blazed , a band played ,and fireworks were shot across the night sky ,after yet another beautiful sunset.At Mango Rosa we feasted on fajitas , so delicious. Other favourites were the shrimp diablo , fresh fish , civeche ,smoothies in the morning, or the gringo breakfast ( bacon and eggs) and an occasional cheeseburger.

This was the best family holiday for us . We are already contemplating our return the sweet spot ; Mango Rosa .

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Greg B, Owner at Mango Rosa Nicaragua, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome Family with us over the New Year, and taking advantage of the many great experiences here in Nicaragua along with the Mango Crew. Many great memories and stories to share and we look forward to your return trip to our magical playground we call home. Until then keep in touch and safe travels Capt Greg & The Mango Crew

Reviewed 20 December 2018

The accomodations are really nice. Bungaloo we stayed has A/C working good, clean spaces, TV and fully equiped kitchen (minus microwave). Actually, the house is very pretty and cozy.

The bar´s a cool cabin with hammocs, pool table, TVs, open kitchen (Good and tasty food) and cold beers. Good service too, the guys in the bar were kind, we diidn't ask for much cause everything was good but i saw 3 o 4 people working there witch is good. There's a pool

It's not beachfront, but two beautiful beaches, playa Marsella and playa Maderas are not far away. If you wan´t to go to San Juan you need to have a car.

Maybe next time we can go in the sea on the Panga Rosa (they should put a paid tour in it) and go fishing.

In all, it was a pleasant surprise giving the price they have, we´re defenitly coming back, the kids loved it (the pool and the dogs) and we liked it too.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Greg B, Owner at Mango Rosa Nicaragua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2018

Thank you for you stay with us and so very happy you and your Family enjoyed Mango Rosa. And yes we di offer fishing and boat trips in La Panga Rosa. We look forward to seeing you again soon...Greg

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I loved Mango Rosa. I went for a friend’s wedding and it was the most amazing trip. I am also someone who doesn’t travel much but as soon as I arrived all the staff made me feel right at home. The service was amazing. The resort was beautiful and felt safe. I would love to go back one day.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank I2761BSjuliat
Greg B, Owner at Mango Rosa Nicaragua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and time with us here at Mango Rosa. We wish you safe travels and await you return some day. Until then keep in touch and take care.. Regards Capt Greg & The Mango Crew

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

In case you read no further, Mango Rosa management is professional, trustworthy, and a delight to work with. After my son and fiancé visited Mango Rosa last year, we decided to have a destination wedding celebration there. After seamless planning made so easy by Greg & crew, we had to cancel our booking of the entire property. Although so disappointed, at least we suffered no additional financial penalties. Refunds were made timely and most courteously. We will still have the celebration there and when we do, I know it will be paradise!
Thanks again, Greg. We are looking forward to seeing you, the crew, and beautiful Mango Rosa soon!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Greg B, Owner at Mango Rosa Nicaragua, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you and yes we look forward to re-grouping on this wonderful celebration for your future date, until then please keep in touch and safe travels. Capt Greg & The Mango Crew

Reviewed 7 June 2018

How to describe this beautiful place.

I found this place (luckily) online searching for destination wedding sites. Greg worked with me and answered ALL of my many questions (patiently) and was so great at replying in time and help guide me through the process. He was always confident and calm - and I felt like my special day was in the greatest hands.

The staff (esp Rhonda who basically runs the wedding show once you are there) are the BEST. I am not exaggerating. I still think of them today, and it's been over a month since we were there. I feel like I want to call them and just say "hey! Miss you, same time tomorrow?" but then I wake up ... haha. Breakfast was delicious, and all of the meals were freshly made, inc some with fish caught from the day of fishing. Everything was DELICIOUS. Water was provided in each room to have ready to drink.

We spent an entire week there, and it felt like I lived some of the best days of my life -sharing this place with family, and owning the resort as if it was our little piece of heaven. People from the US, Colombia, and Sweden came - of all ages and sizes- of different interests- and everyone enjoyed themselves. Everyone who was a part of this special week appreciated the attention of the staff, the food, the excursions, and importantly, the affordability.

The people who we worked with for the wedding (Gaby transport, decorations, florist, cake maker, photographer, DJ) were all SO professional and incredibly talented. They responded to all of our requests without hesitation. The transformation on our wedding day was magical. Every night ended in a pool party.

I never imagined that this place would bring me so much joy and satisfaction. It was PERFECT for my wedding. Original, thoughtful, magically natural.

I can imagine it being a great place for ANY sort of event where you have a group of friends/family and want to take time off to reset, have fun, and be surrounded by the amazing, beautiful staff of Mango, and the awesome (animal) sounds of San Juan.
So much love to Mango Rosa!

-Clau and David

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Greg B, Owner at Mango Rosa Nicaragua, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful Family, Friends and Special Day with us here at Mango Rosa. Yes everything from the adventures, to food, to decor, music, laughs, great fishing and wonderful people will be forever remembered here in the hearts of The Mango Crew...Please keep in touch and best of wishes for all. Capt Greg