“Please put on more staff on a public holiday! ”
Review of Nimmitabel Bakery

Nimmitabel Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Nimmitabel
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Description: A cozy modern country bakery offering fantastic comfort food to travellers passing by. Specialising in pies, but also offering a huge range of cakes and tarts, and breads. Serving Barista made coffee and other items to take home with you. Well worth a stop.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped for morning tea and had decided to give the bakery a second chance after a previous visit that didn't go well.
The food was passable but our chai teas were lukewarm and obviously not made by a trained barista.
Customer service left a lot to be desired and there was a general feel of staff being stressed due to too many customers and not enough time to deal with everything.
Tables were not cleared and my visit to the toilet left me wondering how long it was since they had been cleaned.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We stopped on our way to Jindabyne for a coffee and bite to eat around lunch time. We love to use local bakeries on road trips and this one looked good. Parking out front was easy, lovely facade to the bakery made it very welcoming. It was passed the usual rush hour time for lunch and only 2 other tables were occupied and they both finished up and left shortly after we sat down. We chose a seat in the bay window to enjoy the view of the town. Both young girls while were pleasant and helpful but were not particularly motivated.
Our order was just a couple of coffees, pie and sausage roll. All the tables had been used but not cleaned so we sat expecting someone to come and give the table a wipe down. The order came and we mentioned about getting the table wiped down, 'yes I'll do that for you', never happened so we did it ourselves with the napkins provided. The bay window had at least 6 blow flies buzzing about. As we sat and looked around the shop we could see the floor was covered in pastry crumbs and also a large blob of pie filling on the floor at the next table to us, this was soon covered in flies. Although our food was tasty and we enjoyed the gallery in the shop the visit was not a pleasant one due to the large amount of food spillage and dirty table tops. Apart from the first 10 minutes we were the only customers in the shop yet not one of the girls made any attempt to clean up the empty (filthy) tables. We also used the toilets before moving on and again we found papers littered all over the floors and dirty sinks.
The staff need someone keeping an eye on them. We would never use this bakery again, pity as we will be passing through every couple of months now and what we had was delicious and the cakes looked lovely. It is a lovely spot but who wants to sit amongst all that mess? Will probably give the one opposite a try out next time.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Often stop here when visiting family , have never had a bad coffee or bite to eat. Plenty of choices and seems always busy , which must be a good sign

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Have visited this bakery on many occasions and have always found the staff to be friendly and obliging
Their pies are delicious as is their mocha’s
Can recommend the Nimmitabel Bakery when travelling the Snowy Mountain Highway

Reviewed 1 March 2018

After stopping and using the ATM to buy food while on my way to visit my daughter in hospital, I visited the ladies, only to find I'd dropped the $20 note I'd withdrawn. I asked at the counter, doubting anyone had handed it in, but some wonderful person had. Unfortunately someone very opportunistic had then claimed it, pocketing my cash.

Not only is the food always scrumptious and the coffee hot and awesome, but the staff are equally so. Emma, the Manager, insisted that she reimburse my purchases and gave me a keep cup as well. I would rather not have taken it but all of the staff were so empathetic and wonderful that I just had to write a review. I stop here every time I pass through, which is quite regularly, because their food and service is excellent, but they deserve your business because they're also wonderful people!