Cherrywood Lodge(Pennington)
Blue Marlin Hotel(Scottburgh)
US$137
US$90
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$94
Protea Hotels
US$127
US$123
Oribi Gorge Hotel(Port Shepstone)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Island Hotel(Isipingo)
US$69
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgolf estatesouth coastbeautiful surroundingsenjoyed our staygarden roomwonderful staffgreat facilitiesturn down servicethe main hotelbeautiful hotelnespresso machineold styleputting greenoutstanding servicedinner menua great stayout of this world
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I was surprised by my children with an overnight stay at Selborne for Mothers Day. On arrival I was welcomed by Molly and then shown to a garden suite which is beautifully furnished with its own luxurious bathroom. The chocolates on the bed were a nice touch. The meals at the hotel were delicious and the service excellent. The hotel itself almost makes you feel you stepped back in time with all the history which surrounds the estate. I highly recommend Selborne if you would like an amazing getaway.

Room Tip: Garden Suites have the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
First_Resorts, General Manager at Selborne Golf Estate, Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Thank you for taking time to post the review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your Mothers Day weekend spoil with us and that the Hotel & staff exceeded your expectations. Your comments will be shared with all the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I booked into the hotel for a night. We were warmly greeted and from the time we checked in we were treated as very special guests. Our room was wonderfully clean and very comfortable. We ordered bar service which arrived promptly, later we enjoyed a delicious meal in the hotel restaurant. This hotel goes above and beyond, thank you for a most enjoyable stay

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
First_Resorts, General Manager at Selborne Golf Estate, Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear Gail
Thank you for taking time to post this review. I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay & we exceeded your expectations. I am looking forward to welcoming you & your husband back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

A superb facility. When u arrive the bellhop is there with his trolley. Registration is quick and pleasant and the receptionist is very attentive to your needs. If fact all the staff are there to assist you in a very pleasant way.

The room was spacious and luxurious with a magnificent bathroom which was well designed,

We did not eat at the hotel as we prefer simple food and the golf clubhouse some 50 meters away has really tasty inexpensive food.

It was great value for money and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Garden room for quietness
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
First_Resorts, General Manager at Selborne Golf Estate, Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Dear Warwick , I appreciate you taking the time to post the review. I am happy we lived up to your expectations in terms of service & the compliments you made regarding the staff have been noted. I look forward to welcoming to back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Selborne is an awesome estate. Safe and secure. Excellent up market villas to rent at attractive prices. And the cherry on the cake is the golf, the course is out standing and well maintained ,Golfers paradise with all the advantages for the fame. Staff are well mannered and very attentive. The only downer was that the hotel food was poor. The food was in some cases over cooked and the curry was better described a slow stew.
Queen size South Coast Pawns must have a different measure as what we received where no more than undersized juniors better presented in a john Dory,

Room Tip: Villas give the freedom and allow for pleasant walks
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
First_Resorts, General Manager at Selborne Golf Estate, Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear Ken,

Thank you for taking time to write the review. I was disappointed to read you were not happy with the food , I will be discussing the issues you raised with my Food & Beverage team. I am hoping you will return & experience good quality food on your next visit. Thank you also for the compliments for the Estate & golf course.

Regards

Andy

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

We have been here for meals many times in the past, sometimes good and sometimes not so good. However we keep coming back as this place is still worth visiting. We had dinner which was excellent. Well presented food, good choice of wine and a lovely atmosphere in the dining room. Don't miss out. I can't think of any other places in the area as good as this. Will definitely keep going. Wheelchair access needs to be made.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
First_Resorts, General Manager at Selborne Golf Estate, Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear Fundi,

Thank you for choosing to have dinner with us and taking time to post the review. We are constantly looking at ways of improving our service & making sure are Guests needs are taken care of. I am pleased you enjoyed it and have seen an improvement, we want to ensure that you always have a fantastic meal & enjoy the facilities.
With regards to the wheel chair access we do have ramps , please could you let us know when you are making your next booking so we can assist the Guest in the wheel chair. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lord Selborne Restaurant.

Regards