1. The temple's actual name is Ambabai Temple. It can get confusing when you're trying to locate it on Google maps as Mahalakshmi Temple because Google Map shows it as Ambabai temple.
2. Early morning visits are the best because of no crowds. We had stayed close by to the temple at OYO Govindpuram and were at the temple by 8 am. There were hardly any people around and we had a really peaceful darshan of the devi.
3. Stay close to the temple so that you can visit it quickly in the morning.
4. Arrive at Kolhapur the previous night itself, so you can rest during the night, have an early morning darshan and leave for your destination immediately.
5. There is very less parking available, so if you're coming later in the day, be prepared to hunt around for parking space.
6. The temple opens at around 4:30 am in the mornings so you can plan your visit early itself.
7. Tuesdays, Fridays and weekends are when the crowds are the maximum. Again, visit before 10:30 am for a peaceful and less hassled darshan. Otherwise, if visiting on these days, expect to wait in queue for about 2-4 hours.
8. Mobile phones are allowed into the temple premises, however you are not supposed to click pictures of the idol or the temple premise.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.