See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2014

We recently enjoyed a two night stay at Ocean Court, friendly and welcoming service. Beds could have been a tad more comfortable and would have preferred an en suite but reasonable on the whole. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful, service very good.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have recently had a two night stay on bank holiday weekend. The owner was very polite over the phone and fairly welcoming on arrival. We put in our bags to room two the decoration was like a cheap boudoir with silky red curtains and quilt covers. we had Little laugh and joke about it and thought we should get changed to go out with the children. The only shared shower between all the rooms goes warm. Red hot. And cold. You cannot control the temperature. Not good for the two young kids. After the busy day of travelling and After the night out all you want to do is relax in bed. But not in the ocean. Springs pushing through the mattress very uncomfortable beds ever the two kids were moaning about the bunks beds. Very uncomfortable beds. Breakfast we were never asked what we wanted for breakfast we were just given a full breakfast which consisted of. Deep fried sausage. One piece of fatty bacon cold uncooked mushroom tomatoes and warm bread they said it was toast. Please don't book here on a first choice be very weary if nothing else is available

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The guest house is situated on the edge of town close to Trusville holiday village 5 mins walk to Queens Park 10 mins to town centre.There is car parking at the front of the guest house.I have been staying here since 2008 and I am a consistant return visitor.The guest house has been refurbished and is clean throughout
The owners Chris and Kay.( C and K cars ) are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I stay on a B and B basis and have always been satisfied. The room had TV tea / coffee making facilities and sink. There is a shower room and toilets on the same landing.
Finally a good night's sleep is guaranteed and from my experiences not always the case. Would recommend

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank johnpearl
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked a last minute one night stay as family were staying in a different guest house in Mablethorpe, but that guest house was full. This was the only guest house that allowed dogs and had rooms available.
First impressions on the phone weren't great, as I mentioned we had family staying locally, the lady wouldn't book the room until someone had dropped a deposit off (as it was "a bank holiday weekend"). My mum dropped the deposit off and said it seemed fine, a bit tired, but ok. She didn't check the room out.

When we arrived at the B and B it became apparent that I had missed a vital question off when I called to enquire, is the room en-suite? But I assumed that at £70 a room, it would be en-suite. Wrong. The room was tiny. There was a supposedly double bed (I think probably a queen) which was pushed against the wall so you could only get on it on one side, and a unit holding a TV, and a sink. Opposite our room were 2 separate tiny toilets (ladies and gents) and a shower room. Everywhere was very clean. We asked if the bar was open and were told it is open as long as you want it to be. But that day and evening we never saw the owners and the door to the bar remained locked.
The next day, at breakfast, the lady was very friendly and accommodating, and said we were the only guests in the B and B and that they always fill up last as they are out of the town a bit. The breakfast was not great to be honest, one sausage, 2 bacon, one egg, beans and toast. All washed down with dubious tasting tea and warm orange juice.

Main positives: availability, allowing dogs, cleanliness
Main negatives: no ensuite, breakfast poor, bar not open, very poor value for money

Would we go again? in the same situation of a last min deal and everywhere else being full, maybe, but realistically we will plan better and try and get in the Colours guesthouse next time, which my mum said was lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple