“Dine with the Locals”
Review of El Chato

El Chato
Reserve with
El Chato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 146 Restaurants in Los Alcazares
Price range: US$14 - US$14
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2018

El Chato is a firm favourite of ours when we are in Los Alcazares and so this visit we took the parents along to show off the restaurant and they were not disappointed. We arrived early so a booking wasn't needed as the restaurant doesn't fill up until 9ish. We received a lovely welcome from the owner/manager who is extremely attentive and keen to make recommendations and even adapted one of the dishes on the menu when we requested some iberico ham to accompany it. The oxtail croquettes on the specials menu went down a treat with everyone at the table - highly recommend!

The restaurant can be described as traditional spanish with a fantastic tapas selection and very popular with the locals. This is a hidden gem away from the common restaurants on Coronation Street (the strip). Highly recommend venturing down to this restaurant for a traditional spanish meal out!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

This was our very first visit to this restaurant after coming to Los Alcazares for over ten years and it was an absolute delight!
Food and service was excellent and the menu a cut above the basic Spanish fare.
A big emphasis on meat and fish (strangely no chicken dishes), but no lack of choice because of it.
I can recommend the fillet steak in Ximenez sauce or the pork medallions in port. I have never tasted such tender, melt in your mouth pork, it was delicious.
I have to mention my unusual starter of prawns and sobrasada with Angulas (baby eels), definitely another first for me but beautifully presented and delicious. Also my wife’s lovely home made Ox-tail croquettes were another winner.
Our biggest regret is that we haven’t tried this place a lot sooner. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Chose El Chato for our wedding anniversary dinner & had a great time. Staff very attentive & helpful explaining/recommending from the menu & wine list. Food was excellent - a selection of tapas starters & mains. Restaurant a bit quiet before 9 p.m but soon busies up after providing a great atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit. We’ll be back.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The food is great the welcome from the owner/manager brilliant and the staff are.very helpful. It's a traditional type Spanish restaurant with awesome menu del dia in the day great value or a full al a carte menu or tapas. Evening meals don't get busy until about 9.30pm and it's mainly Spanish eaters which is a good thing in my opinion! Fabulous fresh fish but my wife's filet steak was also really good and the kids meals also. Highly recommended a visit if you are in the area!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

This is a beautiful restaurant with very attentive and pleasant staff.

We enjoyed the starters-tapas items- and my son and I both enjoyed our mains but my husband and daughter both had fillet steak that was sinewy and tough in parts (although mine had been fine).

Given the prices it should have been better and left us a little disappointed on what would have been otherwise a lovely meal.

1  Thank OdANic