“PETER RABBIT”

Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Redcar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

It was like a trip back in time. I went to this cinema when I was a child. My children went with me. The new seats are very comfy. Lots of families in the audience. Brilliant hearing the children’s laughter. A special evening.

All reviews
"tickets"
"release"
"multiplex"

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

From the art deco interior to the pleasant staff it's always great going to this cinema. The kids love the vintage feel and the story behind the card on the celling. Also because of the price we can visit more than we would to one of the larger chains. The only advice I would give is in adverse weather call before you go just as you have to queue outside before the film otherwise sit back and enjoy the show!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

What a refreshing change to visit The Regent Cinema in Redcar recently with our grandchildren.

We love films and usually trail to Middlesbrough's Cineworld or Stockton Showcase but thought we would give our local cinema a go as we haven't been there for years.

The first surprise was the ticket cost - £4 for adults (what a bargain). The second surprise was what has happened to Redcar's old picture house. The character of the cinema has been retained but the old, desperately uncomfortable seats are gradually being replaced by super-comfy ones (about 50% of them have now been done). The next treat was the massive amount of space. My 6ft 4in husband had stacks of leg room and didn't whinge once (a first!).

Down sides are you queue outside and it was cold and windy. The toilets are pretty basic and very retro, but they were clean. Also the heating system is quite noisy (sounds like it's pouring with rain), but we soon stopped noticing as we got into the film.

They have a good range of films and even consult on social media about what people would like them to show.

I remember the Regent from my childhood as being cold, draughty and not very comfy. That has changed. It still retains the magic of an old cinema, but with the quality and comfort we've come to expect of a modern multiplex, but without having to take out a second mortgage to get in.

If you live, or are holidaying, in the area, give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank anneredman
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Great value for money, new seating lovely and comfortable. Showing up to date films.
Staff very friendly.