“Ignore all old Wiltshire Yeoman reviews before this one !!”

The Wiltshire Yeoman
Ranked #39 of 106 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Wiltshire Yeoman has recently (July 2017) had new long term tenants take over the pub and have introduced new home cooked fresh food onto the ever expanding menu. Classic British meals are the staple with locally sourced fresh produce delivered daily meaning that the menu will be changing fairly regularly. The kitchen is open Tues - Sunday. Tues To Saturday the kitchen hours are 12 -2 and 6-9 and Sunday 12-3 only Lunchtime Tues - Fri a 2 course meal is available at £7:50 and 3 courses for £8:50
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This Butcombe Pub before this week, offered perfectly kept Butcombe Ales and good quality pub grub. For whatever reason this good local, suddenly gets a new manager, no website, a very restricted menu, no wifi, no credit/debit cards accepted !!!
So you have been warned ......

3  Thank David C

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We dropped in for what we were hoping was going to be a quick meal. My mother-in-law had the seniors menu which was £9 for 3 courses (Good pricing). However, she started with Garlic mushroom which turned up looking like slop on the place, mushrooms looked bad and all the salads were drenched in Balsamic Vinegar. For main she had a Ploughman's which again was drenched in Balsamic and first Ploughman to not come with any cheese.

Myself had the breaded Brie however they didn't have any left so gave me 3 Mozerella sticks (tiny) and salad once again drenched in Balsamic all this for £5 very poor indeed. These took some time to come out. Once eaten which didn't take long as not much there our plates went. We then had to wait nearly an hour for our main course seeing people who came in after us getting their meals before us, one table was 6 people full and ordered way-way after we arrived, disgusting.
After an hour of waiting about our main course came out already spoken about the joke of a Ploughman's. I ordered a burger and it was dry and looked like it was just slapped on my plate, then the onion rings came out 10mins after and I had nearly finished it. I couldn't finish my burger as the burger was dry and plastic cheese.

My wife went for the fish and chips and this was laughable, the fish was tiny, it looked like they cut down a regular piece of fish as it was tiny and pointless. We were so worried that our puddings were going to take so long that we asked for it to come out with the main course as the wait was ridiculous and we needed to get out to an important appointment.
The whole bill came to £40 and was shocking for the price for the size and quality of the food we got, will not be returning.

1  Thank iandenise_10
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My friends and I visit the Wiltshire Yeoman frequently and all I can say is each and every time it gets better. The pub has a great atmosphere and friendly staff. The chefs do an amazing job in the kitchen as the food is always fresh and very tasty. Would recommend the lasagne, it’s a lovely dish.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Lovele Sunny Day - ' Lets walk to the Pub for lunch ' I said. Five minutes later were seated. Ordered a starter and a main course. Waited an hour - then our main course turned up. 'Where's the starter ' we aked. so no starter. Angrily we eat the main course

Compllained to the Manager who did not apologise - and from the smirk on his face he did not even care.
As this was the second time this had happened we Do not recommend this pub.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Went here with family. The menu wasn't very inspiring the food was ok just nothing to write home about. The service was really good and staff were very friendly and attentive.
Nice clean toilets as well.

Wiltshire Yeoma... L, Owner at The Wiltshire Yeoman, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you didn’t find the menu very inspiring. We do change the menu frequently and the specials change Nearly daily.
All the ingredients are fresh each day and cooked to order, not frozen, so we do keep things reasonably simple at lunchtime with a wider range and specials in the evenings.
We hope that maybe if you return there will be something to tickle your taste buds
Thanks again for taking the time to review
Nic