“Fabulous day out”

Ferragudo Boat Trips
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Ferragudo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fantastic, relaxing boat trips on a traditional wooden vessel, the Reis Jorge, along the Algarve coast to Carvoeiro meandering through the breathtaking caves. River trips along the Arade River, appreciating the magnificent flora and fauna on the way (ideal for keen birdwatchers), up to the historical city of Silves with it's Moorish castle and cathedral, or to Sitio das Fontes in Estombar. Tailormade trips and/or harbour excursions. Typical Portuguese fishing boat skippered by Ferragudo fisherman Luis. Takes up to 9 passengers and offers a great trip for all the family. Refreshments included. Private charters available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I had a fantastic trip from Ferragudo to Silves today. Fiona gave us a warm greeting when we arrived and helped us onto the boat. Luis made the trip both informative and fun. He had a wealth of local knowledge to impart which covered everything from history to local flora and fauna. There were cold drinks provided which were very welcome on a hot day. We had 1/1/2 hours in Silves, plenty of time to look around and have lunch. All in all we had a great day out and we highly recommend this trip.

Fiona A, Public Relations Manager at Ferragudo Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks so much. So glad you enjoyed your trip and hope to see you again with friends and family.

All reviews
"river trip"
"his life"
"his knowledge"
"lovely town"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"wonderful trip"
"fishing village"
"sense of humour"
"arade river"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The cave tour was wonderful!
Capitan Louis agreed to take just the two us for a trip even though his working day was supposed to be over, made this exception just for us!
He was very polite and friendly, sharing the knowledge and stories about the area. Free drinks on the go.
During the entire trip we couldn't stop smiling.
Magical time! Definitely worth its price.

Fiona A, Public Relations Manager at Ferragudo Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much guys for taking the time to review. More than worthwhile if you had suc a good time.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I always go on both the Caves and Silves trip whenever I come to Portugal, they are both absolutely superb. Fiona is always so friendly and welcoming, and you won't find anyone who knows more about the waterways and fishing village of Ferragudo than Luis, he knows everything, and is so engaging and enthusiastic in his delivery, it's an absolute must, for everyone, families, couples, old, young, everyone!!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We took both the river and cave trips, both excellent. Experienced, friendly and informative skipper Luis. He obviously has a passion for his local environment, a font of knowledge of the river, it’s history and wildlife. Seamanship on the cave trip a joy to watch. He’s traditional boat very comfortable and safe. Keep a watch out for the turtles.
Great fun was had by all. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Fiona A, Public Relations Manager at Ferragudo Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review. Gives us the best job satisfaction.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My brother and I partook in the Silves River Tour, and Captain Luis was a wealth of knowledge and enthusiastic during most of the tour. For me, it was too much. He talked almost the entire time going to Silves and returning to Ferragudo. I appreciated the info but I had to tune him out on the trip back. I did wish we had spent a longer time in Silves, only 1and 1/2 hours. Not enough time for lunch and exploring the village. Thankfully, I ate before the tour and chose to meander the small streets of Silves. I also appreciated that I was allowed to have my well behaved dog with me.

Fiona A, Public Relations Manager at Ferragudo Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thanks for the feedback.