“Perfect”

Knock Out View Clarens
Ranked #6 of 39 Clarens B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2015

Walking distance to town centre, I'm a regular visitor to Clarens and first time here and recommend it. Clean functional and very comfortable. Basic kitchenette but adequate for coffee and snacks. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 January 2015

Our family of five was booked in to Knock Out View in December 2014. I received my confirmation email a few days before arrival (very professional!) and even spoke with Marlene on the phone as we were going to be arriving late. Unfortunately when we got there we found our room already had bags in it. It had been double booked.

Julia, the on site manager, did find us an adequate alternative but I remain disappointed with the reaction and handling of the situation by Marlene, the owner. Having not had any communication from her I wrote her three weeks later, asking if she would reimburse us part of our payment, as we were sure the alternative accommodation was less expensive than Knock Out View. Her response was to send me the invoice she received from Safarinow, detailing her costs (!!) and describing the incidence as "unfortunate". An apology is still outstanding.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We stayed in the cottage called Faith. Very nicely decorated - would just like to may be have some space to pack clothing as we were there for 4 nights. There are no cupboards, we had to live out of our suitcases. Also no place to hang clothing. Which makes it a bit problematic. It has everything you need for a basic self-catering establishment. It is nice and central, walking distance from everything.

Room Tip: Cottage called "Faith" has a nice parking space
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2015

It was very nice, we had a wonderful stay. Knock out view is near everything and we walked to the town. The rooms was very clean, they cleaned every day. There is enough parking, we didn't have any problems

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2015

This place is very conveniently situated. The room, although VERY small was always very clean, towels changed every day, and enough utensils on the kitchen area, thanks to a friendly staff member.Since its built out of timber, one was inclined to hear your next door neighbor.
The name 'Knockout view' , rather misleading! I looked straight out onto the car-park and Main rd....!! Misleading advertising, I would say!! The 'view' is for the larger family unit ONLY! I was booked in for 7 days....when calling Marlene(owner) to find out about wardrobe space, I was told it was an overnight place and there were 3 hooks on the wall, next to bathroom door...Well really! Since she NEW I was going to be there for a week, clearly with cloths for that period, some arrangements could have been made! I followed instructions set out to enable me to get Internet connection, but this didn't work either, much to my annoyance! I eventually manage to get this issue sorted myself....I just feel that Marlene to whom I spoke to and then also sent a cell message to, could have replied!! She never bothered! She was quick enough to ask for the balance of my weeks stay in advance, (since I have already paid half when booking) the night before I left Johannesburg, which I promptly did! I felt as a owner of such an establishment, she could have made a small effort to accommodate me as to regards my issues....?? I will most certainly visit Clarence again, but will make better and more pleasant room arrangements.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo