“It was a nice place to stay”

Knock Out View Clarens
Ranked #6 of 39 Clarens B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2015

It was very nice, we had a wonderful stay. Knock out view is near everything and we walked to the town. The rooms was very clean, they cleaned every day. There is enough parking, we didn't have any problems

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2015

This place is very conveniently situated. The room, although VERY small was always very clean, towels changed every day, and enough utensils on the kitchen area, thanks to a friendly staff member.Since its built out of timber, one was inclined to hear your next door neighbor.
The name 'Knockout view' , rather misleading! I looked straight out onto the car-park and Main rd....!! Misleading advertising, I would say!! The 'view' is for the larger family unit ONLY! I was booked in for 7 days....when calling Marlene(owner) to find out about wardrobe space, I was told it was an overnight place and there were 3 hooks on the wall, next to bathroom door...Well really! Since she NEW I was going to be there for a week, clearly with cloths for that period, some arrangements could have been made! I followed instructions set out to enable me to get Internet connection, but this didn't work either, much to my annoyance! I eventually manage to get this issue sorted myself....I just feel that Marlene to whom I spoke to and then also sent a cell message to, could have replied!! She never bothered! She was quick enough to ask for the balance of my weeks stay in advance, (since I have already paid half when booking) the night before I left Johannesburg, which I promptly did! I felt as a owner of such an establishment, she could have made a small effort to accommodate me as to regards my issues....?? I will most certainly visit Clarence again, but will make better and more pleasant room arrangements.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2014

The room was excellent. Compact but with every need catered for. Close to town and quiet. Only thing was that the outside light shone into room and the flickering xmas lights disturbed us. But the room and place were excellent. Will definitely stay there next time and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2014

The place is in good location, a walk to the restaurants. A studio apartment that is very clean... fresh air.
Parking is just one car per apartment. Flat screen is quite small considering watching a movie resting on the bed. Decoration is top.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2014

Comfortable and affordable accommodation in Clarens. Close walk to the heart of town. Perfect spot stay over and explore Clarens and surrounds. The parking is very tight, and irritating for owners of large vehicles, but other than that we had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple