“Lovely outdoor venue if you wish”
Review of XLNT Cafe - CLOSED

XLNT Cafe
Reviewed 3 May 2017

There is seating indoor as well, but with the excellent highlands summer weather outdoor we prefer outside. The food is good and the normal fare. They offer Sunday lunch @ a very reasonable price. Coffee really good.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This a a real little gem in Clarens. We love to visit this cafe and Frans is an excellent host.. Lovely view

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Out of the main business area but very good service by owner and food! Had hamburger and wrap - both tasty and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I had a burger at the cafe XLNT, and it was perfect! Juicy paddi, really tasty fries. The milkshake was awesome.
The owner is a nice guy who knows a lot about the area and will provide many tipps about the little town of Clarens and the mountains around.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Not really sure if the person I met at the super market trying to get coal for our fireplace and also be served by him the following day at the restaurant could also be the XLNT restaurant owner or manager.

So, the first day of arriving in Clarens for the rafting was super cold and we headed to the nearest supermarket to get coal for the fireplace. One gentleman was behind the counter and the other on the customers' side having a chat, clearly they were friends. They were both pleasant to converse with and were both genuinely sympathetic about the finished coal, which meant there was no coal anywhere else in Clarens and that meant we were unfortunately going to spend a cold few days in Clarens. The following day while getting ready to abseiling we decided to grab a quick breakfast at the nearby restaurants to the extreme adventure offices. Guess who was at the counter... the gentleman who was at the supermarket last night. He did the nicest thing that I didn't think could happen to me in Clarens, he offered my meal for free (even though I only intended to have coffee only). He remembered me from the previous night and I didn't even recognize him. He was still genuinely worried about us keeping warm again that night. I never got a chance to find out who he was, but I suspect he was the owner. Now that's my kinda customer service and they now have a loyal customer out of me, with the exception of dinners :-)

Well done XLNT from me it's a 5 star yes!