“Gorgeous place in the countryside of St. Kitts”
other travellers have booked this property
view of the ocean from the pool
Dieppe bay beach Kitchen with view of the reef
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Dieppe bay beach
Kitchen with view of the reef
Relax in this comfortable lounge chair by the pool
Flat screen TV with cable. Channel 70 is St Kitts tourism channel.
Bedroom
Bright and cheerful
25 ft vaulted ceilings with tropical flare
Bedroom at night a/c and overhead Palm  fan
18th century canopy bed
Comfortable canopy bed
Master bedroom with ample closet and dressers
Antique bathroom sink with sea glass counter top
Bathroom with shower and shower chair
pool
Pool with ocean view
Courtyard by the pool
deck with view of coral reef
deck at night
Deck
deck at night
Deck over the water
Romantic sunset from the deck
Myself and my daughters shadow from deck
view of the pool from deck
view of St Eustasia
sunset from deck
Dining room
Dining room view from the living room
View of the outside dining from the living room
She is so friendly! She will take bananas and apples out of your hand.
Horses being exercised in the water at Dieppe Bay
Timothy Beach
View of Basseterre
Ancient Caribbean Indian writings in Old Road
Caribells Batik
Coconut Palm tree
Lunch at Lyons. Rock
Shipwrecks
Lyons beach bar, best food and rum punch ever!!!!
Caribelles
Romney museum
Romney
Romney Manor
Jet skiing at the Penninsular
Flamboyant tree
Living room with sleeper sofa
Well equipped kitchen
Outside dining
Equipped kitchen
View of dining room from living room
The National tree. 'Flamboyant'
our swimming pool from the courtyard overlooking the ocean and the deck
Pool from deck
Local fishermens boat
Stroll to the black sand beach from the front gate and walk by a 16th century cannon
Master bedroom
Master bedroom
Bathroom
Pool reflection by night
Arthur's beach bar Dieppe Bay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jeff A
“May not be what you're expecting”
Reviewed 3 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

This is my 100% honest review of this property.

We took a family Christmas vacation to St Kitts and booked a week at Keyhouse. It was our first strip to St Kitts and we loved the island. If you’re looking for accommodations, I want to tell you about our experience at Keyhouse so you can factor it into your decision. I would describe our family as active and adventurous.

The house is on the north end of the island and most (but not all) of the activities are on the south end so you may have to make the 45-60 min trip twice each day. A rental car is a MUST if you want to see anything. We arrived at the house kind of late in the day due to flight timing. We were met by Suzanne who showed us in and offered to take us to the local market. It’s a good thing she went with us - we would have never known it was a market as there aren’t typical store signs. The market doesn’t offer a lot of choices, but we got essentials (check the expiration dates on things you buy at the closest market). Fresh fruits and veggies are extremely limited and our only real options for the week were canned items and frozen meats. Larger markets farther away do have some additional choices. Just to give you an idea, a family of 5 eating out on St Kitts is about $100US at most places so we wanted to eat in when possible. Suzanne later told me that we should have packed a small cooler and brought it on the plane. Had I actually been told this, we would have made different plans, as I can’t sustain 5 people for 7 days out of cooler.

We moved an exercise machine to setup a cot and noticed quite a bit of sand and dirt under it (like someone had last used it with sandy shoes) so I swept it up - not a big deal. Not knowing the island at all, we didn’t want to venture out too far for dinner our first night so we headed to a local food cart up the street for hotdogs and burgers (there is nothing else in comfortable walking distance).

While having cereal and eggs for breakfast, I noticed that the shelf where the glasses were sitting looked a little dirty. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped it to discover that it was indeed in need of a good cleaning so I took care of that. While cleaning the shelf I noticed a LOT of dead bugs on top of the fridge where the nuwave oven was stored. So, I knew I wasn’t going to be using that oven to cook on and we used the range instead. We cleaned up and headed out to explore the island. I found Suzanne in the parking lot spraying hundreds of ants that had gotten into her car. Luckily there were none in our car but I should have seen this event as a warning.

Day #2 at the house was not so good. We woke up to find thousands of ants eating our food in the kitchen. They were also eating a giant cockroach on the floor that I assume had come into see what all the commotion was about. We are always careful to wind-down cereal bags and put stuff away like we would at home. Apparently that is not sufficient at Keyhouse and there was a large Tupperware container tucked away in the kitchen that we were apparently supposed to instinctively know was for storing our food and that everything else should be stored in the fridge. Wish we had ben told that before losing most of our groceries.

I did the morning dishes (there is not a dishwasher) and tried to start a load of laundry only to discover that the washing machine was broken. It kept returning an error that the door was open – it wasn’t. So we now had 6 days ahead of us and no way to do laundry (there is no local Laundromat or anything like that). At that point I really had had enough and made plans to stay at a local hotel on the island and informed Suzanne that we would be leaving. She offered to come spray the ants but we didn’t want to spend our Christmas vacation week fighting bugs and spraying chemicals in the house. I’m sure the ants were also keen on the trash since the only trash can provided is a wastebasket in the kitchen which quickly filled so we used grocery bags to keep bagging it. I’m still not sure where the trash was actually supposed to go as this wasn’t clear so we took it with us in the car until a friendly neighbor offered to take it.

Having only stayed 2 days at Keyhouse and based on the circumstance, I assumed Suzanne would be reasonable about some kind of a refund (although I know nothing was required on her part). Instead, she told me that the ants were my own fault and that we were like a cartoon family inviting ants to our picnic. She was also upset at the towels and sheets we left (although I’m not sure how we were supposed to wash them). She continued on saying that the house is hard to keep clean due to being on the beach and that dirt and bugs get in.

Pros:
Great View from the deck and shared swimming pool between houses
Secluded and private
Wifi

Cons:
Not very clean
Bugs
No place to run or walk
Very limited food choices for multi-day stays
Long drive to most places of interest

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The View
Liked least: Bugs, dirt, lack of food choices
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Jan 2016
Jeff A's email to me;
First of all, the view was outstanding and the privacy is incredible. Anyone going there should know that they will have peace and quiet like no place on earth. No road noise, no trucks emptying garbage - nothing but ocean waves and birds. Speaking of which, the sound of the ocean at night was really really amazing. The private beach was a lot of fun - being able to go and play in a calm ocean and sit on a beach with almost no one else is not something you find on most vacations. The pool - wow! It was a real treat to have that right in your own house. Being able to open the shutters and be right on the ocean and/or pool was so much fun! I'd make sure highlight these areas in the ad. Looking over the deck and seeing sea crabs running on the rocks and having tiny birds swoop onto the deck to grab crumbs really added to the feeling of seclusion that most people seek - they just have no idea just how good it can be. However, as for the areas for improvement, we weren't prepared to be so far from restaurants and a large market. The Chinese market is very limited in any fresh fruits and vegetable selections and the larger markets seemed to be just larger but not too different. There were lots of prepared items and canned goods, but that's not what some families like ours are able to do for more than a few days. As I mentioned to you, the ants were unexpected and ate through much of the food we bought at the market. In addition to that, and I know this is something that only people over 6 feet tall can see, but the tops of the cabinets and shelves in the kitchen were not clean. The area under the nuwave oven we loaded with dead bugs. It made it hard to think about cooking on it which further complicated meal choices from the market. The shelves where the glasses are stored above the cooktop was also pretty dirty. I ran a wet paper towel over some of it to clean it off and realized it was much worse than I had imagined at my initial glance. We moved the exercise machine out slightly to use it and the area underneath it was very very sandy and dirty so we had to sweep that area. So, when the ants came in, it was just too much for us to handle for a vacation.
Again, I'm not upset and don't intend to broadcast these issues as I'm confident we can come to some sort of an agreement (and I have not done anything with the survey from homeaway.com incase you were wondering). I know these things can be addressed for future visitors and would make a pretty ideal location then. It just wasn't a situation that was making for a relaxing time for our family so we had to do something different. Please don't consider this as me being mean spirited because that's not the way i am intending it. I manage a team of people at work and when we interview candidates and I opt not to hire them, I feel I owe it to them to tell them why I chose to pass on them. If I don't do that, they will never know and will not be able to make changes for their own betterment. I use that same approach in other areas of my life, but always want to be cautious that I'm not being critical for no reason. It's truly because I think you have something wonderful there and with small changes it can avoid a situation like this in the future.
As for what I expect as a result, I looked it up and I paid $1447 USD for 7 nights and and we were there for 2 of those nights. Averaged out, that would be $207/night or $414 for the two we were there. I'd like to just round that up to $500 and request a refund of $947 for the remainder. Please let me know if you think that is fair. Like I said, I'm sure we can work out something. This include insurance purchased.

I apologize for not getting the shelf we missed. No excuse but I'm not 6'tall, and the dirt under the bike, I would immediately have addressed it all in a few minutes if you had told me! Attractions near us are our beach and coral reef, Black Rocks, Kittitian Hill, Brimstone Hill,ATV tours, rain forest & hike volcano, horse racetrack all 5 -10 miles, Caribelles Batik, zip line, Carib Indian petroglyphs, Wintworth distillery, Ottleys Plantation, botanical garden all 15 minutes, swim with the Dolphins, Catamaran, fishing, snorkel and scuba tours, scenic railway, airport and Port Zante 14 miles or 25 min from the villa. We have 2 beach bars 1000 ft from front door, food cart, Cooper's, McGivers and a few other local food venders in our quaint village. I can find fresh pears, salad choices, pumpkin, bread fruit, plantains, guava, sweet potatoes, papaya etc... As for restaurants, there are over 80 with prices ranging from 8US to 125US. The directions, contact list, map, password etc. that I send every guest has where the garbage receptacle is, but you forgot it at home! When you open the door to go outside, you can see the garbage can!
We have 2 villas, 2 washing machines 1 European, I would have turned the washer on for you! Lastly, I never said your family was a cartoon.. You took what I wrote out of context (My personal thoughts are drawn to a Saturday morning cartoon! A blanket on the ground with ants holding up a red flag marching one by one in a line to a picnic on the blanket!) I am sorry you were offended, that was not my intention! My ants in the car were from me eating in the car. Thank you for making more people aware to put there food away as we have no windows or screens in the kitchen just shutter doors! We live in paradise!
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed 2 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful atmosphere.
Liked least: Nothing.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Jun 2015
Thank you Vanessa for your kind review!
St Kitts is always a great place and we're happy you enjoyed your stay at our little piece of paradise! It is incredible being right on the ocean catching the breeze and listening to waves crashing! We look forward to your return!
C_UK2013
london
“A piece of paradise”
Reviewed 17 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

What a great surprise! This house is fantastic.
Located in the charming fisherman village of Dieppe Bay this house has everything you need to have a wonderful stay. Decorated with taste and with all amenities you will feel home-away.
The cherry on the cake is of course the ocean view terrace (you cannot get any closer from the sea, can even fish from there) where you can enjoy some nice meals and sunsets. There is also a little pool that you can access.
Kina the house caretaker is here to help around when Suzanne the very friendly owner is not there.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
21 May 2015
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our little piece of paradise! I hope the fishing was great!
I will pass your kind words on to Cina! She is dear to us!
Thank you for your review!
We look forward to hosting you again!
Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing