See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Beautiful room,clean,air conditioned with bathroom and balcony.
The spa not to be recommended.
The food in the restaurant shop bought, frozen, badly prepared!!
But a thumbs up for the effort.Please use local produce and serve it fresh.
Àmateurs cant manage a hotel or restaurant nor prepare food.But I say again:good effort!Close your eyes dont focus on the negative enjoy the river and what has been achieved in this little town.

Room Tip: Cant say.room 9 had no view,try another,you might be lucky.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We stayed for three nights in the hotel closeby and as such used the Oewer Restaurant for breakfast and dinner. We also enjoyed our Christmas meal there.
The location of the restaurant is special. You can sit inside (airconditioned) or outside on two different decks so to speak.
Service fluctuated between average and good. We had a wonderful Orania experience but, I feel the food preparation and presentation at the restaurant could have been much better.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

From when you enter this quaint little town you feel safe. Didn't lock up once and left all belonging in the open. Fishing is on the banks, but camping is not . Ablution super clean, but you are expected to clean up after you use them...and every one does.

Room Tip: we camped in the front paved camping spot
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank farralvalo
Reviewed 3 October 2017

For some years now I wanted to visit Orania. So when we were going to our nationals in Rustenburg, I planned the detour to have breakfast in Orania. I must honestly say I was not disappointed. We had breakfast at Aan die Oewer. The food was good and very well-priced. I will be back.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I expected so much more from the town of Orania. Being on the banks of the Orange river I expected some pretty gardens and green lawns. I did not expect an ordinary dry karoo type dorp.
The Aan die Oewer resort provides excellent clean and modern accommodation and was very comfortable.
The restaurant food was average to poor with the salad looking like the town has no water at all. Wilted and unimaginative.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple