“Beautiful sandbar, gets a bit crowded”
Review of White Island

White Island
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Camiguin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Before anything else, if you plan to swim in White Island, make sure you are willing to use their shower / bathroom to change clothes. Coz in our case, I didnt think I would be comfortable using their bathroom and i decided to hire tricycle to take us back to the hotel. I just dont understand why cant they improve the bathroom area of a TOURIST DESTINATION. Not clean and no water!! (Same cleanliness problem in Mantigue Island)

First trip to the sandbar is 5:30am, catch d sunrise here and get a majestic view.. unfortunately for us, it was our last day in Camiguin, it rained light and sun was hiding.. The only good thing about that is that we got to stay longer in the island without getting toasted and more sunburn cause we were already a bit toasted from Mantigue Island the previous day!

This island is great for picture-taking. There were couples having their pre-nup photoshoot here. We also had lots of photos taken here. You will get a nice view of Mt Hibok-Hibok and Mt Vulkan!

I believe catching the sunset in this Island is the best thing!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"minute boat ride"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

terrible ticketing system it took us 4 hours just to get tickets, cant they come up with a system to make it faster

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a long time ago. We enjoyed it immensely. The water was warm, the sun was so hot. The sand was so hot too. We enjoyed watching the sea urchins being sold. Some people were eating it. The sea was clean. We enjoyed the travel from the shore to the island. There were so many people. We brought our car so we were able to travel anywhere in Camiguin. I would love to go there again.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I actually went to White Island almost one and a half years ago but still I want to share my first hand experience. I came here on a typhoon and I didn't expect the ocean would be that angry. On my first day in Camiguin, the transportation to and from White Island was suspended due to typhoon and a bit of storm surge. I had to cancel my trip and I decided to go back the following day. On my second day, the operations were resumed and I was able to travel by boat to White Island. The problem, however, was the fare. It was a bit expensive at 450 pesos because I had the boat all by myself. Luckily, I found a fellow Davaoeno and so the fare was equally divided. Going to White Island on a typhoon was challenging. The waves were mad. The boat, I felt was about to sink. I screamed whenever we passed big waves after big waves. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life. But upon reaching White Island, every worry was gone. I was lucky that there no other tourists other than the two of us. It was like we own the place. Great experience and White Island is the sandbar I have seen.