“Experience the real Bali”
Veranda Big bathroom
Veranda
Big bathroom
King size bed
Outdoor shower
View out into lush tropical garden
Bedroom with king size bed
Bedroom
Outdoor shower
Garden at the main family compound
Dining pavilion set in the middle of our family compound looking over the lush garden
Pathway to the garden
Garden around the property
Balinese wedding blessing of our guests.
Dining with other guests on one table
Cooking class
Could be a place for your wedding?
Abundance of love
Meet and be friend with other travelers
Socializing with the local
Blooming tropical garden surrounded the property
Day excursion with our exclusive car
Visiting the nearby magnificent waterfall of Nungnung
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Dutch first
Any
Shirakawa...
“Experience the real Bali”
Reviewed 1 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Staying with Wayan and his family was an amazing experience. At first I was a little worried that the b&b was so isolated. But after staying there, I wouldn't change a thing. The rural location is why it is so amazing. No where else gives you such an opportunity to experience the 'real Bali'!

Wayan took us on some day trips and tours, which were amazing. We saw much more than the average tourist. Also, Wayan used to be a tour guide and knows the answer to every question we could think of.

Wayan's wife Ayu cooked our breakfast and most of our lunches and dinners. Her cooking was soooooo good. Much better than any local restaurant. You haven't lived until you've had the chicken satay cooked on lemongrass skewers.

Ayu also helped us to organise things like laundry, souvenirs and meetings with the local healer for palm /chakras readings etc.

The room we stayed in was beautiful and very comfortable. The bathroom was the nicest we saw in Bali. The garden shower was the most amazing thing to come across after weeks in different hostels with cold water and no water pressure. I loved it.

The open plan of the compound is really beautiful. And the gardens are gorgeous. It was such a relaxing atmosphere.

I even loved the dogs, especially the puppy called Bintang!! I miss him!!

After a week at Wayan and Ayu's b&b, it was really hard to leave. It was the only place where i felt i could experience the 'real Bali'. I can't wait to go back!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Travis G
Idaho
“Like staying with old friends”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Staying with Ayu and Wayan was an incredible treat and certainly a highlight of our Bali trip. I randomly found their place through an internet search and as we drove out I worried it might be a bit far from Ubud...I was very wrong.

First, the fact that they are located a bit out of town only adds to the extremely relaxing nature of Cozy Wayan's place. You really are surrounded by a tropical paradise the entire time, and within a 2 minute walk you are in the middle of beautiful rice fields.

Getting around is no problem at all as they can provide transportation to/from Ubud, or other place on the island. They have bikes available to ride around the village and rice fields. We even walked into Ubud from their place which took a couple hours through rice fields, jungle, across the river and through villages...an adventure well worth it.

And when it comes to eating good, trust me, you will never leave hungry from Ayu's table. From noodles and rice, fresh mushrooms and shrimp, tofu and chicken, fried bananas and banana pancakes, and much more...it's all amazing.

I can't wait to get back!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owners, amazing people, so welcoming, really made the visit special.
Liked least: the fact that I couldn't stay longer, loved it!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Sydney
“A treasure in Bali”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

My partner and I have just returned home from 7 nights in Bali - 5 of those nights were spent at Cozy Wayan Sueta B & B and we could easily have spent all 7 nights there and more! This family open their home and their hearts to their guests, sharing their wonderful culture, food and extended village within comfortable, well appointed and tranquil surrounds.

We ventured out from the village each day, via one of the team of reliable and knowledgable drivers that are on hand. We climbed Mt Batur one morning, visited a beautiful waterfall one afternoon. Shopped til we dropped in Ubud for a morning and booked into a spa for indulgence on another day. We found no matter where we went we looked forward to returning to our 'home' in Abiensemal. A sunrise walk through the surrounding rice paddies is a must.

We didn't find food in Ubud that beat the excellent home cooking Ayu provided. She's a beautiful, warm host who effortlessly coordinates drivers, meals, outings, laundry, bookings - really, any guest requests.

We highly recommend the local masseuse who will come to your villa and provide an in-room, or on-deck massage. It was a wonderful way to wind down after a day of touring.

Ayu and Wayan - thank you for opening your home and hearts to us, you've truly created a treasure in Bali for those lucky enough to stay with you.

Nicci & Mal

Gwen M
Boquete, Panama
“GET TO KNOW THE REAL BALI”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I had read about this B&B from an article published in Journey Woman about guides in Bali.
They highly recommended to hire Wayan and to even stay at his B&B
I felt good about the advice and booked 12 days with Cozy Wayan Suete B&B.

My stay was beyond my expectations. The villas are in what I nicknamed "the jungle" as it is surrounded by tropical vegetation and you will hear the "singing" of frogs, dogs, chickens , pigs and cats at various times of the day/night.
They have a sweet dog - Fido - who will accompany you to your room - leading the way - if he feels your are alone and need his expert guidance and protection.

Ayu, his charming wife - is the best cook in Bali and can arrange many outings for you.
You can have a massage in your villa, a yoga class at the B&B, a healer can come to give advice and Wayan can even provide you with clothing that you need to wear to enter a temple or go to some cermonies.

Wayan has been a guide for years and he would take us to places that were so unique and explain the culture and show us the real Bali. I learned so much in 2 weeks about the country and customs that I now have a good base to understand the culture of this region of Bali.
It's about 20 minutes to Ubud but they will arrange to take you and pick you up. So I can wander around town all day - go to restaurants - go to great bars with live music - and you will be picked up to go back to your cozy retreat. Ayu was always there to greet me no matter what time I arrived back. She wanted to make sure I was safely back as I was traveling solo
Great beginning of my 3 month Asian tour.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Villa, the landscaping of property, friendliness of hosts
Liked least: Wi Fi wasn't working in Villa so I had to use it in common room by house. However - because it's in the country it is difficult to get this service. It would cost a lot of money every month, so I understand. It won't stop me from staying there.
Travelling group: Solo
laurasuom...
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Highlight of my stay in Indonesia”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

Staying with Wayan and his family felt more like being around long lost friends than at a B&B. You can choose the type of trip you want here - whether you want peace of mind and quiet and space, or whether you want an interactive trip with them and a chance to see their slice of life. I was picked up by Wayan late at night which made my introduction to Bali far more comfortable. I stayed in his Garden Villa for about a week, with a stunning bathroom and open air shower among stones and ferns :-) The rooms were beautifully maintained, airy, and very clean, nested among beautiful trees and flowers in their garden! The massages held at the property were fantastic as well :) Wayan took us to see some amazing sights nearby and also drove us across Bali to Amed- thanks to him we got a true sense of Balinese culture and were able to avoid tourist traps and tourists more generally, which was fantastic. Wayan is excellent both to travel with and to learn from. Ayu was a fantastic cook and always cheerful and I can't recommend her food enough - especially the green banana pancakes! For the price and quality of the food, you can't get anything else better in Bali. I felt very honoured to be invited into Wayan and Ayu's life and interact with their friends over and family in the village while sipping palm wine and coconuts, and attending a traditional cremation ceremony of their friend. The price to stay here is outstanding and should not be a consideration in staying here - the experience is worth every penny and more. Of all my travels - this is among my top two favourite places to be - I can't wait until the opportunity to stay here again. If you want an inspiring, serene, fun, and 'local' experience in Bali.. stop reading this and just make a reservation already!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing