“Great place”

Fox Hall Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, the Fox Hall Inn offers a traditional country pub feel with an exquisite dining experience. Enjoy an array of freshly cooked dishes in one of our two dining areas, both overlooking the spectacular views of the Yorkshire Dales. Each dish is cooked and prepared with such detail it is guaranteed to be a taste sensation. Our dog friendly bar area is open 12noon to until late for all visitors and their furry companions. Here you can sample an impressive selection of beverages including local guest ales. Or why not treat yourself to one of our specialist gin combinations created by our expert mixology team? ​ Looking for a venue for a party, function or group bookings? Why not reserve our newly refurbished function area?
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

It’s the second or third time I’ve been here, but I think this was the first time we ordered food. It’s been a beautiful day so we came out for some nice food in the sunshine, and we were not disappointed.

Upon entering, it’s a beautiful pub with the authentic feel, lots of textures in the furnishings but clean, tidy and light. The pints of lager have always been great here but I was driving so not drinking this time. The bar tender was really friendly, and threw me a little by just asking ‘how my morning had been’. Funny that we’re not used to conversation when waiting for drinks these days. You tend to just stand there. As I walked out through the bifolding doors into the well kept garden amongst all the other families, couples and cyclists that had stopped for a refreshment it had that continued lovely vibe.

We ordered food this time. The wait was appropriate for the volume of people, and food was really delicious. I’m particularly fussy regarding salad dressings, but this was something else - light, fresh, sweet. We enjoyed our food and basked in the sunshine for a bit whilst other people’s dogs took a snooze under the tables as they are and drank.

Considering this pub is within my local vicinity I should visit much more often. Definitely recommended.

3  Thank Rob K

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Improved massively over the years, food is good, ideal stop off place on A66 and easy parking, great menu and used as a locals bar too so interesting conversations if you have the time.

Fox-Hall-Inn17, Public Relations Manager at Fox Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hi

Thank you for your lovely review. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Food was good, they specialise in upmarket fish and chips, though the rest of the menu was also a step up from pub grub. Music system seemed to be faulty and kept drifting in and out, rather annoying, why didn't they just switch it off?
Also the service let the place down. It seems the partners of the staff come to sit at the bar whilst waiting for them to finish their shift, I suppose it wouldn't matter but for the fact the service was slow and inattentive. Furthermore, I do not expect to be asked if I want a dessert by a waitress calling from across the bar 15 feet away. The manager didn't seem particularly enthused to be there and the whole experience felt a bit unwelcoming.

2  Thank YorkshireManinblack

Hi,

Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies for any issues you came across with the service. We appreciate all feedback as it allows us to continuously develop and improve.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 January 2018

There is quite a nice ambience here. The food is a bit fatty and greasy. That’s it really! Staff are nice and bar area good for a drink.

Fox-Hall-Inn17, Public Relations Manager at Fox Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for your feedback in terms of the food, we will pass your comments across to our kitchen team to review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Visited on the way to see family. Myself and my son had the beef Sunday dinner and it was great. The beef succulent, excellent and veg cooked to perfection.
We had very good portions of everything. One of the best eat out Sunday lunches I have had in a long time. Great value for money too. We will definitely be going back to eat there again. Very enjoyable. Staff very pleasant restaurant is very clean and with a good atmosphere in the place, can't fault.

Fox-Hall-Inn17, Public Relations Manager at Fox Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hi,

Thank you for such a lovely review, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch with us !

Kind Regards